Wednesday, 20 April 2011

My book boyfriend #2


My book boyfriend is a fab feature that began over at  The Unread Reader. Basically it's a chance to post about a fictional male character that makes me drool.

So, with Barrons from the Fever series out of the way who could be next? Which gorgeous alpha male could possibly match up to Barrons? I hear you ask. Well, my decision was made for me when Ilona Andrews posted a new amazing snippet on her website this week click here. This week my book boyfriend is CURRAN the Beast Lord from Ilona Andrews amazing Kate Daniels series. If you haven't read this series stop whatever you are doing and go and buy it now! Curran is the King of the Jungle and then some, he is the Lord of the shape shifters in Atlanta, he is all alpha male, he is completely yummy and he is mine.

 

Kate (the kick ass heroine who I absolutely adore) meets Curran in Unicorn Lane in the first book Magic Bites describing Curran as: 
"A couple of inches taller than me, the Beast Lord gave an impression of coiled power. Easy, balanced stance. Blond hair, cut too short to grab. At first glance he looked to be in his early to mid-twenties, but his build betrayed him. His shoulders strained his T-shirt. His back was broad and corded with muscle, showing power and strength a man developed in his early thirties" 
Sounds good huh? 

I have folded down the pages of many of Curran's scenes for "ease of reference" *ahem* many of these folded down pages may in fact be in book 4 Magic Bleeds where Curran and Kate eventually get it on, I couldn't possibly confirm this. *ahem ahem*
I also love the hilarious and sarcastic banter between Kate and Curran so I have tried to pick out a few of my most favourite drool worthy quotes I hope you enjoy them. 

"Not only will you sleep with me, but you will say 'please.'"
I stared at him, shocked.
The smile widened. "You will say 'please' before and 'thank you' after."
Nervous laughter bubbled up. "You've gone insane. All that peroxide in your hair finally did your brain in, Goldilocks" (Magic Burns) 

"You thought about dragging me into your bed this morning.”
I thought about stabbing you and running away screaming. You broke into my house without permission and slobbered all over me. You’re a damn lunatic! And don’t give me that line about smelling my desire; I know it’s bullshit.”
"I didn’t need to smell you. I could tell by the dreamy look in your eyes and the way your tongue licked the inside of my mouth." (Magic Strikes)

He rose and walked past me. I lowered my sword, expecting him to pass, but suddenly he stepped in dangerously close. "Welcome home. I'm glad you made it. There is coffee in the kitchen for you."
My mouth gaped open.
He inhaled my scent, bent close, about to kiss me...     
I just stood there like an idiot.
Curran smirked and whispered in my ear instead.
"Psych".
And just like that, he was out the door and gone.
Oh boy.  (Magic Burns)


He leaned his head to me, his neck so close to my lips,I felt the heat coming of his skin. His breath was warm against my ear. His voice was a ragged snarl. "I miss you" This wasn't happening. "I worry about you" He dipped his head and looked into my eyes. "I worry something stupid will happen and I won't be there and you'll be gone. I worry we won't ever get a chance and it's driving me out of my skull."
No, no, no, no...
We stared at each other. The tiny space between us felt too hot. Muscles bulged on his naked frame. He looked feral.
Mad gold eyes stared into mine. "Do you miss me, Kate?"
I closed my eyes, trying to shut him out. I could lie and then we'd be back to square one. Nothing would be resolved. I'd still be alone, hating him and wanting him.
He grabbed my shoulders and shook me once. "Do you miss me?"
I took the plunge, "Yes." (Magic Bleeds)
 



The Currans are -  David Kimmerle, Jessie Pavelka and Paul Walker. I have to admit I have a picture of Curran in my head after reading the books about 400 times but I found it really difficult to find a picture that matches up, so if you are a Curran fan and have a better picture give me a shout I would LOVE to see it.

12 comments:

  1. Curran! Funny how I haven't read the books yet, but I already knew all about his hotness!

    And LOL on the easy reference thing. I think he'd make me want to do the same. :P

    I'm loving your all picks for Curran, too. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I really need to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I get picture of men that might come close but they almost never match my imagination. However, love your choices. I still need to read about Curran. Then you might have some competition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Daniels you say? On it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! I LOVE Curran!! I adore this series! This is why I follow your blog!

    P.S Just finished Fever series by KMM. OMG LOVED it!!! Jericho *sigh* Keep these posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how have I missed this series for so many years? if he comes second to my Barrons? Im on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo awesome pick! And I love the actors you used for him. I need to get back to this series ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! In work today I spent more time thinking about next weeks book boyfriend than concentrating on a meeting! I love seeing all the different book boyfriends on a Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I'm definitely going to check this series out! Loved the photos and the quotes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this series, but I love the conversations you quoted. (And those pics aren't too shabby either!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks to this post I just bought the first book! Im excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JillyB07- wow you will need to let me know whst you think, I love the dries and cannot wait for the next book which is out May 31st.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.