Wednesday, 27 April 2011

My book boyfriend # 3


It's book boyfriend time again, hosted by The Unread Reader it's a fab opportunity for me drool over my favourite male characters. This week I've chosen Zsadist from J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, I am pretty sure Zsadist has been on loads of other book boyfriend posts but I have to make it clear Zsadist is mine (ok maybe Bella's his shellan's too). I love the BDB series but Zsadist is my number one brother (closely followed by Rhev) he has a tortured past, he is cold and lethal but changes when he falls in love with Bella. The incurable romantic in me absolutely adores Lover Awakened as the scary bad boy with the tortured past is saved by the love of a good woman. Ahhhhhhh.

He is described in Lover Awakened as having a "scarred face distorted with hatred, his ruined upper lip curled back, his fangs long as tiger's. With his skull-trimmed hair and the hollows under his cheeckbones, he looked like the Grim Reaper; and like death he was comfertable working in the cold." Sounds delightful doesn't he?



I've picked some of the most swoon worthy quotes.

"Her lips came down on his and he kissed her back even though he couldn't list his arms to hold her now. God, how he loved kissing her. He loved feeling his mouth against his, loved having her right up close all in his face, loved her breath in his lungs, loved...her? Was that what had happened in the night? Had he fallen?

As he turned and headed out of the room, he murmured, "She is more beautiful than I have words for" He lifted his eyes to Phury's, "And last night I was blessed beyond measure to serve her"





"I... What are you saying Zsadist?" she stammered, even though she heard every word.
He glanced back down at the pencil in his hand and then turned to the table. Flipping the spiral notebook to a new page, he bent way over and laboured on top of the paper for quite a while. Then he ripped the sheet free.
His hand was shaking as he held it out. "It's messy."
Bella took the paper. In a child's uneven block letters there were three words:

I LOVE YOU

Her lips flattened tight as her eyes stung. The handwriting got wavy and then disappeared.
"Maybe you can't read it" he said in a small voice. "I can do it over"
She shook her head. "I can read it just fine. It's ... beautiful."




"He knew he was being overbearing as hell, but he couldn't help it. He was a bonded male. With his pregnant female. There were few things on the planet more aggressive or dangerous. And those bastards were called hurricanes and tornadoes."

"The warrior stopped in midpunch and wheeled around as a lovely female carrying a young in a pink blanket came over to him. His face softened, positively melted. "Sorry to bother you" the female said over the wailing. "But she wants her daddy."
The warrior kissed the female as he took the small young into his heavy arms, cradling the newborn against his bare chest. The baby girl reached her tiny hands up and around his neck, then settled into his skin, calming instantly."

When I think of Zsadist I always (like loads of fans) see Wentworth Miller playing him in a film, I love these mean and moody pictures of him. Gorgeous.

16 comments:

  1. Ah Zsadist. You know, I actually *didn't* like his book that much my first read through it. I reread it and liked it a whole lot better. But I am a Vishous girl through and through. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I am not familiar with this character, he sounds like a great book boyfriend. Gotta love those tough guys who have a real sensitive side for the woman they love and I think Miller is the perfect choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not familiar with this book or the actor--but now I'll be on the lookout for both of them! Great pics, great quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think Wentworth Miller would make an excellent Zadist! What a great pick :) I love all those BDB boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I like your quotes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first read that scene where Z writes I love you, I cried so hard! Even reading it again brings tears to my eyes! Great Z pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I also love Zsadist! And you've chosen some of my favourite quotes as well! Especially when he learns to write just for her and that quote when they're all spotted together... Gah, now I so want to re-read it and just jump back on the BDB train! Loved, loved, loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *swoon*

    Oh, I hate to say this... but Zadist is in my man harem. However, I must say that Wentworth would be a very good Zadist. I'd love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Melissa we will need to fight over him he's mine I tell you!

    @Bex I read most of it again last night finding my fav quotes I love it!

    Glad everyone appreciates the hotness of Wentworth. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In never can picture real people as my favorite characters. Noone ever fits. The only person that I have ever pictured for a character was Riley off of Buffy. Remember him? I always pictured him as Richard when I read the Anita Blake books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really hard, I know who I want as next weeks book boyfriend but I can't think who I want in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. See now... Butch is my man. I LOVE him. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower and... *fans self* I really have to get into this books, don't I?

    Awesome actor pick, by the way! :)

    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's the deal - you can have Zsadist...but Wentworth is mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Zadist. I was grinning through all those quotes. Makes me want to go re-read it all over again. My favourite pic is the top one. That is how I imagine Zadist :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sophia- I love Wentworth too not only is he gorgeous but he's brainy too! *sigh*

    @Nic That top picture is one of those fan made picture it's of a male model but I have no idea who he is!

    My keeper shelf

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.