Saturday, 16 April 2011

On my wishlist


On my wishlist is a weekly feature on Book City Chick which I love, there are quite a few books that will be out over the next few months that I have added to my- "I MUST buy the minute it comes out" list.



I read The Iron Duke last year and absolutely loved it. Meljean Brook is an auto buy for me. Due out Nov 1st

The Blurb from Goodreads- As the mercenary captain of the Lady Corsair, Yasmeen has learned to keep her heart as cold as steel, her only loyalty bound to her ship and her crew. So when a man who once tried to seize her airship returns from the dead, Yasmeen will be damned if she gives him another opportunity to take control.

Treasure-hunter Archimedes Fox isn’t interested in the Lady Corsair — he wants her coldhearted captain and the valuable da Vinci sketch she stole from him. To reclaim it, Archimedes is determined to seduce the stubborn woman who once tossed him to a ravenous pack of zombies, but she’s no easy conquest.

When da Vinci’s sketch attracts a dangerous amount of attention, Yasmeen and Archimedes journey to Horde-occupied Morocco — and straight into their enemy’s hands. But as they fight to save themselves and a city on the brink of rebellion, the greatest peril Yasmeen faces is from the man who seeks to melt her icy heart…


The Vampire Academy spin off series- like!
Due out Aug 23rd

The Goodreads blurb - When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.


UK Cover

US Cover




I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters due out 2nd August

Goodreads blurb- A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he’d spend eternity protecting the humans he’d once considered prey.

Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief- Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meets the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.

A gun in the hand is worth two in the holster...

Jess has been charged with finding and terminating the creature who’s assassinating Dark-Hunters. The last thing he expects to find is a human face behind the killings, but when that face bears a striking resemblance to the one who murdered him centuries ago, he knows something evil is going on. He also knows he’s not the one who killed her parents. But Abigail refuses to believe the truth and is determined to see him dead once and for all.

Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, they must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they’ve sworn to protect.  

What's on your wishlist this week?

14 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower!

    This is my first week participating in the meme and I keep coming across a fantastic range of books.

    Jules
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Iron Duke but it is on my TBR pile - heard so many good things about it! Still making my way through the Vampire Academy but I LOVE it! Will be picking up Bloodlines as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until Bloodlines comes out! I absolutely loved Vampire Academy. I will definitely be picking up Bloodlines the day it is released.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read The Iron Duke and have that on my wishlist right now. All of these sound great...hope you get to enjoy them at some point soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great taste in books. Check out what I am waiting on: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/on-my-wishlist.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following and visiting my blog :) Im following here now. I so cant wait for the new Dark Hunters book I love love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of Sherrilyn Kenyon as of yet, but she is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new Meljean Brook? Can you believe I haven't read the Iron Duke yet? *hangs head in shame* Oh I need to add that one to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. most of these i haven't heard of yet. but definitely worth checking out. wonderful choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool picks. I really need to get around to reading Iron Duke because Heart of Steel looks awesome. :)

    On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've added a Diana Wynne Jones book to my wishlist this week. Come see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read The Iron Duke and the Vampire Academy series. I hope you get to read these soon :)


    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.