Saturday, 23 April 2011

On my wishlist


On my wishlist is a fun weekly feature on Book City Chick in which I list the old, new or forthcoming books I want to buy. This week I found a few books on Amazon and Goodreads that sound really promising.


I saw this on Amazon but can't find much information on it other than the expected date of publication is June 21st 2011.
As its J.R. Ward (writing as Jessica Bird) I will buy it regardless!















I noticed this series (Mark of the Vampire) has had a few really good reviews on Goodreads so I think I will need to check them out.

The Blurb from Goodreads for Eternal Hunger
In the dark, fear and desire are one... Alexander Roman wants nothing to do with those of his vampire breed. Fate places him at the door of Dr. Sara Donohue, who is dedicated to removing patients' traumatic memories. But as their world's collide, Sara and Alexander are bound by something even stronger as one becomes hunter and the other, prey. And Sara's only chance of  survival is to surrender to the final-and most unimaginable-desire of her life.

The Blurb for Eternal Kiss 
Raised by the Breed, Nicholas Roman wants to stop the Eternal Order of Vampires from controlling his life, and using other males from his bloodline-including possibly his son-for their vicious reign. Only a beautiful vampire stranger can help him. But what are her true motives?



Apparently there are loads of plot twists in this one so I will need to concentrate!

The Blurb from Goodreads
The legacy that haunts her . . .
The mystery she must solve . . .
A man who threatens to reveal her secrets . . .
and break her heart.

Burned by a failed marriage, former FBI agent Marc Rossi wants back in the investigation game with no emotional strings attached. Taking an assignment for his enterprising Angelino cousins, he heads to Northern Ireland to pry a key piece of evidence from a missing socialite-any way he can. But when the ice queen turns out to be warm, beautiful, and on a secret mission of her own, the job becomes a passionate reminder of what happens when duty and desire mix. The daughter of an infamous fugitive, Devyn Sterling has survived betrayal only to find that her mother has mysteriously disappeared. When her search uncovers secrets, lies, and threats, Devyn and Marc must trust each other when every instinct says they can't . . . and a terrorist wants to make sure they won't live to try.


7 comments:

  1. These all sound like really interesting books! I haven't heard of most of these before but I wouldn't mind adding these to my TBR pile

    Great picks :)

    Happy reading

    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. interesting! I haven't heard or seen anything about a new book by J.R. Ward, but it looks interesting.

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neither had I Bex it was a random find! She's on my auto buy list regardless of what it's actually about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those sound so good. Oh and The Rebel? I must have it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hawaiian history and culture is another interest of mine. So when I saw a review of this book pop up on Twitter, I had to click through and read it. The book sounds good. Come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird random thought..why use a pen name if your pub is going to use your real name in big huge letters right above it? It reminds me of the time I think it was Penguin re-released the books Stephen King did under his pen name, only this time they released them as STEPHEN KING writing as..

    Now that I've totally gone off on a tangent, the Laura Wright series is very good - hope you get to read all of your picks soon!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool picks! I hope you enjoy them when you get to read them. :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.