Saturday, 30 April 2011

on my wishlist


On my wishlist is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book City Chick. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books. This week there is one book that I am really looking forward to reading, I've ordered it from Amazon but it looks like it wont be delivered for a while due to the numerous bank holidays and the Royal wedding. Grrrrrrrrrr.



In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

13 comments:

  1. Your the second one I have seen with this book on their page tonight! I must reach out for it since it seems to be the theme for the night!

    http://extraordinarybooksblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/wish-list-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is a first for me both the book and the author

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece of info. Nice post.Well done.Thanks.
    Meanwhile plz do visit my page read on freeing your mind and 5 steps to freeing your mind and comment to assist improve and share my works.
    Lovely day.
    EBENEZER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has been really popular on wishlists and WoW...I'll have to look into it...nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy a bit of dystopia so have been thinking about picking up Divergent as well - does seem to be popular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Thanks for stopping by my blog...I appreciate it,,,and now I am ur follower I love reading book reviews,,and meeting new people with the same madness as me...lol anyway,,,I do plan to start it soon...I just seem to have so much on my plate,,right now,,and I have this issue with not starting a series until its completed cause I hate hate cliffhangers..lol and I believe she has 4th installment coming out this year..anyway,,I be by every now and then...
    thanks for sharing
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! I really want to read this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I like the sound of the world building in this one, and the different factions intrigue me. (It sounds even more serious than figuring out which House you belong to at Hogwarts!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book has been on my wishlist for a while now too, it sounds so good! I really hope it gets delivered to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. With things calming down, I have managed to get back to my wishlist. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm with you... I want to read this one too! Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. I definitely need to get a copy that book when it comes out. :)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.