Monday, 11 April 2011

Review- The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper


I bought this immediately after finishing How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf as I loved it so much and craved more of those Alaskan naked werewolves. The second book is from Maggie Graham's POV, she is Cooper's kick ass younger sister who has recently become the pack female alpha. Maggie was fairly scary in the first book and not exactly likable so I was interested to see if she would grow on me in this book. 

Maggie as the pack alpha is under constant pressure- she has to take care of her pack and basically run the valley in the face of much opposition. Equally, despite loving being a werewolf herself, she feels she has an obligation to marry another wolf and produce an heir as wolf numbers are dwindling. Along comes the very human Dr Nicholas Thatcher a gorgeous Viking looking geek (he brought his Star Trek box set with him) to the valley to investigate the recent wolf sightings and turn Maggie's world upside down.

I really warmed to Maggie and saw a much softer and more appealing side to her.  She starts to warm to her baby niece, and there is a hilarious scene where Mo and Kara wrestle Maggie to the ground to curl her eyelashes and perform an extreme makeover. As the story centres on Maggie and her pack in the valley there was less of the funny Grundy townsfolk which I think was a real shame, I giggled along to the story rather than laugh out loud as I did in the first book. Overall I enjoyed it, there's a good mystery and a really sweet romance, I really loved the fact there was a smart and geeky male lead it made a refreshing change. If you are looking for a fun romantic read then this is the book for you. 3 stars.

4 comments:

  1. I keep seeing great reviews on these books. A friend of mine won both in a contest so I get to borrow them soon. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer I think they are great, funny, cheer you up type books with a bit of romance and naked werewolving, definitely read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look like a good read migt have to try and find myself a copy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first one, How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf, and I loved it! This one is pretty close to the top of my to-read pile….I may have to bump it up a few more….

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.