Thursday, 28 April 2011

Review - The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter


Keeper of the demon of Secrets Amun is possessed by demons, has been driven to near madness and has been chained and isolated to protect himself and others until he meets Haidee a fellow prisoner of the Lords and hunter who has been raised to hate the Lords but finds herself attracted to Amun and seems to be the only person able to save him. The angels who have allowed Amun to live whilst he regains his sanity demand that he returns to hell with Haidee to expel his demons but at what cost?

I really enjoyed the Amun and Haidee's story it was actually really romantic in a love conquers all kind of way. The sexual tension between the two enemies was desperately hot probably because it was built up so much and exploded pretty much at the end of the whole book. Amun who if I am honest, I never really paid much attention to in previous books, was a really lovely tortured hero- he can't speak for fear of all the secrets he knows spilling out and hurting everyone that he loves. Awwwwww.

The Darkest Secret also really brilliantly set us up for Strider's book which I have such high hopes for. I loved the scenes with Strider, William and Paris on their mini holiday with a bunch of strippers and the text messages between the Lords were hilarious. I am really hoping that after Strider we see William's book (with Gilly maybe???) I adore him!
Overall I thought it was a 4 and a half, I had kind of forgotten how good this series really is.


4 comments:

  1. I love William too! And I want to get his story with Gilly, but she needs to be older. Maybe when we near the end of the series, Showalter can move us forward in time to tell their story. (And Ashlyn will finally have those babies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good point Jen, Gilly is quite young. I cannot wait for Strider's book I am soooo looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted Strider's book since he first came on the scene. I >3 him. But I think it's finally Paris' book after Strider's. I also can't wait for Torin's book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this series!! I'm really looking forward to William's book too! Oh and I can't wait for Torin's and Kane's books either! Gena is a great author

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.