Sunday, 22 May 2011

In my mailbox #6

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week.

This week I received Forgive My Fins by Tara Lynn Childs from the fantastic Templar publishing and I will be participating in a Forgive My Fins blog hop on its UK release so look out for that soon!
I also received an ARC of Starcrossed by Jospehine Angelini from MacMillan Children's books. I am reading it right now its fantastic.


I bought a couple of books this week:
Blood Magic By Tessa Gratton
(I did a happy dance when it was delivered)
I also bought from WH Smiths:
A Monster Calls By Patrick Ness,
My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece by Annabel Pitcher
and Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll 


I also got a few book swaps this week:
Numbers by Rachel Ward and
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkes (I read Perfect Chemistry recently and loved it)


For review I received a copy of Winterbourne by Augusta Blyth by the author which looks right up my street.


I also got a few books from the Simon and Schuster galley grab that look pretty amazing.

Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
The Day Before by Lisa Shroeder
Sometimes it Happens by Lauren Barnholt
Wildfire by Karsten Knight
All the Things You Are by Courtney Sheinmel



Luckily I got a new bookcase this week too!
What was in your mailbox this week?




11 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Rules of Attraction, I've been dieing for this book! Hopefully it's as good as the first. :) Hope you enjoy all of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your IMM this week - Hope you like Starcrossed, its really great :)

    Here's mine : http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, again that back&white cover for Starcrossed, I love it! And the dark Blood Magic cover, the UK one is white.
    Winterborn looks good, I'm looking forward to your review :)
    And I got sometimes it happens and Wildefire this week too!

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/3bzplv9
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that proof copy of Starcrossed too! I think it's my favourite cover ever. I also bought Blood Red Road after reading the galley from the Galley Grab, it's one of my favourite reads this year.

    ComaCalm's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many brilliant books! Looking forward to your review of Starcrossed :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lot of books, all with amazing covers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week lesley :D I'm so looking forward to starcrossed. Who is it you contacted at Macmillan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! I finished Blood Red Road and The Day Before recently. Both were amazing!! Hope you enjoy your new books

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you got some great books there! I'm on the Forgive my Fins tour too but my book hasn't turned up yet. Ohh Numbers! I read that just a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I have 2 and 3 here now and can't wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- amazing books here! I loved Forgive My Fins, I hope you like it too. I really want to read Wildefire, Numbers, and Rules of Attraction. And I'll look out for your review of Starcrossed, it's another one I'm waiting for! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week. I love the GG. I really want to get Blood Magic it looks awesome.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.