Sunday, 29 May 2011

In my mailbox #7

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week.

This week I bought a few books from The Book Depository, I was easily tempted by their 10% off offer.
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
The Taker by Alma Katsu
Blood Law by Karin Tabke
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz


I was also tempted by The Works 3 books for £5 offer
 (I swopped the first and bought the last books in the series seperately)
I'm sure I've read the first book but it was ages ago
this is one of the series I really want to read.

I received my first RAK (Random Act of Kindness) from the lovely Nat @ Dark Fantasy
RAK is hosted by Book Soulmates
 I was so excited at getting Flawless  I read it straight away!


I am ashamed to admit I have never read The Mortal Instruments series (sorry!)
so this is another series I want to read and managed to get them in a few swops
thanks to Lindsey at UK Swop Shop


I also got another 2 swops from RISI.
(I've been swop crazy this week my postman looks exhausted)
Torment by Lauren Kate
Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler


I also got a fab bargain at WH Smiths these 5 books for £7.99!
Tithe by Holly Black
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
Poison Garden by Sarah Singleton
Dark Secrets by Elizabeth Chandler


What was in your mailbox this week?

17 comments:

  1. OMG! Lesley - MASSIVE IMM this week. Shame on you for not reading TMI and now shame on you twice for not reading Morganville ;) Lol
    Your going to love them hun. Enjoy! Donna x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You got so many books this week! I just started reading The Morganville Vampire Series and am loving it! I also can't wait to read Invincible Summer! Happy Reading

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    My IMM: http://tiny.cc/v1qvr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow, you got a lot to read now! I heard of most of these books and I think you're in for an awesome ride^^

    Here is my comparatively tiny IMM: http://tinyurl.com/3zqadyf
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a lot of these. I bought the same box set a while ago! Of these I've read - Awaken, Rage, Hunger, Flawless, Torment, Tithe and Generation Dead. I love all of them, they're all on my shelf which is a little weird considering a don't that many books. D:

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I feel for your poor mailman *lol* though I have to say GREAT BOOK HAUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- you got so many amazing books this week! Hope you enjoy your book haul! The Morganville Vampires is a series I really want to read but I'm daunted by the fact that there are so many books... so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you got so many fabulous books this week! I loved Awaken, Hunger, and Invincible Summer so I hope you enjoy them as well. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great books this week! You have to read the Mortal Instrument series! I love them! Happy reading!
    Here is my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fantastic mailbox! Oh my goodness there are so many books there that are just amazing. And I really hope that you love The Mortal Instruments, I think it is a great series!

    ★ Leila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I sure envy your mailbox very nicely done. I too made a purchase from book depository. That place is addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you got a lot this week, I have to read Cassandra Clare's books and Rachel Caine. Hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you did get a lot this week. Your Glass Houses looks a little sad though unmatched with the rest of the collection.

    Here's my IMM for the week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So many awesome books this week!
    I'm just sitting here speechless. So jealous! :P
    Happy Reading!

    Check out what's in my mailbox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great books this wee Lesley, cannot wait to hear your thoughts on The Mortal Instruments series.

    Me and my friend Debra are reading the Morganvilles in June if you want to join in with us? She is on Youtube as Debrasbookcafe.

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Incredible mailbox! :D
    There are so many awesome books.
    Happy reading! :D

    Giada
    http://dr-stravagante.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow awesome haul! I've started the Morganville vampires series, but I haven't gotten past the first two books just yet.

    Thanks again for Entangled! :D <33

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got a great IMM this week! I got Awaken as well, and can't wait to read it!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-monday-7.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.