Wednesday, 4 May 2011

My book boyfriend #4


It's book boyfriend time again, hosted by The Unread Reader it's a fab opportunity for me drool over my favourite male characters. This week I've chosen Etienne St Clair after reading Anna and the French Kiss at the weekend and absolutely loving it. Now, I know he's a bit young and that officially makes me a bit of a cougar but I am willing to accept this because he is soooooo amazing. *Le sigh*


Why he is sooo yummy

1.  He's witty.
2.  He's cultured and well educated
3.  He's gorgeous and has rock star messy hair
4.  He says "Fo Shiz" in a polite English accent
5.  He has a boyish laugh, wrinkled shirts and wears a daft knitted hat.
6. He buys Anna love poetry.
 There are big swoon style scenes galore between St Clair and Anna throughout the book. *le sigh again*

"Do you like it?" I whisper.
He pauses. "The film?"
I'm thankful the shadows hide my blush.
"I like it very much," he says
I risk a glance, and St Clair stares back. Deeply. He has not looked at me like this before. I turn away first, then feel him turn a few beats later.
I know he is smiling, and my heart races.


He shifts again, and my body answers with the same. We're arm against arm, leg against leg. His hand crushes mine, willing me to look at him.
I do.
Etienne's dark eyes search mine. "What are we doing?" His voice is strained.
He's so beautiful, so perfect. I'm dizzy. My heart pounds, my pulse races. I tilt my face towards his, and he answers with an identical slow tilt toward mine. He closes his eyes. Our lips brush lightly.
"If you ask me to kiss you, I will," he says.
His fingers stroke the inside of my wrists, and I burst into flames.
"Kiss me," I say.
He does.

I think the very gorgeous Chris Hemsworth would be a fantastic St Clair (his hair might need to be a bit darker though) I particularly enjoy picture 2 where Chris, minus his shirt, is helpfully showing us his hotel suite whilst stretching. Nice.



13 comments:

  1. I fell so hard for St.Clair! He's a french british american. How amazing is that? Plus he is insanely hott. *swoon* I really don't know who I'd want to see play him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you remember him in Home and Away? Lol Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Where have I been, under a rock? Who, what...? *shock* I love him already and have no idea who he is! So have to look this up!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is always thudding a little faster after I stop by your blog on a wednesday Lesley!
    Nice ;-)
    Reason number 4. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol--embrace your cougarism! Especially when we're talking about Chris Hemsworth in the part. :)

    I haven't read this book, but I love your description of St. Clair. Witty, cultured, well educated and mussy hair? I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I picked Chris Hemsworth last week for a Kresley Cole hero. he works for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the guy who says Fo Shiz! In an English accent that has to be adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *phew* love that quote! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice for you boyfriend this week. I think that anyone who has read Anna and the French Kiss can't help but fall for St. Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Fo Shiz" in a polite English accent :) Another book for my TBR list. I'm getting a lot of new additions to my list today with this meme. I have never heard of this book before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mmmmmm... can I haz him? *fans self* Oh, what a nice bb today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM... YUM times freaking infinity! Apparently I need to read this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chris Hemsworth as St Clair is soooo *le sigh*

    Now I feel like bursting into flames! What a guy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.