Saturday, 7 May 2011

on my wish list


On my wishlist is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book City Chick. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books.

On my wishlist this week is DRAGONS!

I actually bought Dragon Bound for my kindle the other day after seeing Nalini Singh rave about it. However, I have so many really good books on my TBR list I'm not even sure when I will get to it. The second book The Dragon who loved me is an auto buy for me as I love everything G.A. Aitken has written, it's due out on Sptember the 6th so it's on my "I want to buy the minute it comes out" list. 



Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.





I was raised for battle. And as the first daughter of a warrior family, I’ve earned my reputation the hard way. Yet now I fight alongside uncivilized male Northland dragons who think a female is only good for breeding and waiting back home in the cave. But it’s the foolish and foolhardy who would try to stop me, Rhona the Fearless, from doing what I do best—destroying the enemies of my kind.

So the smartest thing wily barbarian Vigholf the Abhorrent can do for me is stay out of my way as we risk all on a deadly mission in enemy territory. I don’t care if he’s fascinated by me, even though he is as attractive as he is resourceful. He’s having far too much fun putting me in difficult situations and testing my sense of duty to the limit. And I’m going to enjoy challenging his insufferable confidence, outwitting his schemes, and making him surrender in the wildest ways…

What's on your wish list this week?

10 comments:

  1. Both of those books sound REALLY good! I seriously need to get more into the "grown up" paranormal books....I LOVE the YA ones! Thanks for the follow and stopping by this morning:)

    Jamie @ Jamie's Bookshelf
    http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that I returned the follow. :)

    Jamie @ Jamie's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I haven't heard of either of these but they do sound like interesting reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great and I love the covers! Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning, and for the follow. It's always nice to meet new people, particularly when starting out! I'm definitely a new follower! Have a great Saturday?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first G.A. Aiken books on my shelf...I need to start reading them soon! Great wishes!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wishlist-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a little carried away with requesting books from the library. Usually the books trickle in but the library couriers were super efficient and now I'm buried under books. Come see which book I'm featuring this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! You have THEMED wishlists! I really like the sound of all these books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! I'll take both of those. Dragons are really gaining the edge in the PNR market. I'll be enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books on DRAGONS!!!!!!! God I so need to get those!!!!!!!!

    I love Feehan and I sort of read from book three in that series at the library and I said "Well, must get these!" LOL! And I googled books on mermaids and that one came up! I LOVE mermaids and people honestly don't write enough about them.

    Of course I have you on my favorites, you always visit my blog postings and you have a wonderful blog yourself and it is always kept up! I really like reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh--this is the second time I've seen Dragon Bound mentioned today. Definitely adding it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.