Saturday, 28 May 2011

On my wishlist

On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books.




My life seriously couldn’t get any worse.
First, my rightful designation of dragon slayer is STOLEN right out from under me by Curtis Green. Sure, he’s really cute, but that doesn’t give him an excuse.
On top of that, I am assigned to slay fairies. I know what you’re thinking—how hard could it be, right? Wrong! These menacing beasts with their tiny hipster clothes and mocking sarcasm love taunting me. And they won’t STOP!
But the thing that tops my list of stuff to ruin my day? That would be the GIANT KILLER FAIRY that I have to hunt down and slay because I am the only one who can see it. There is someone who can help me. Unfortunately…it’s Curtis.

It’s going to be a fairy bad day

Fairy Bad Day
Amanda Ashby (Speak)
Publication date: 9th June
Goodreads

Fairy Bad Day looks like a really light fun read, I saw it a while ago and decided to pre-order it.


From the humblest of beginnings a millennia ago, Lothaire the Enemy of Old rose to power, becoming the most feared and evil vampire in the immortal world. Driven by his past, he will not rest until he captures the vampire Horde’s crown for himself. The discovery of his Bride, the female meant only for him, threatens to derail his plot.

Elizabeth Peirce is a mere mortal, a glaring vulnerability for a male with so many blood foes bent on annihilating anything he desires. Yet soon he discovers his Bride’s secret. A magnificent power dwells inside the fragile human, one that will aid his quest. But to possess that power, he will have to destroy her. Will Lothaire succumb to the torments of his past, or seize a future with her?

Lothaire
Kresley Cole (Gallery)
Publication date: 10th Jan 2012
Goodreads

Anything from Kresley Cole is an auto buy for me, however when this cover was revealed this week my initial thoughts were along the lines of "eeekkk why does Lothaire have Boris Johnson hair?" Boris Johnson *shudder* is the Lord Mayor of London and has the worst hair ever (amongst other faults!) this is what he looks like...

*snigger* uncanny huh???


17 comments:

  1. Lovely choices! here's our wishlist :)

    http://wefancybooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wishlist-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy Bad Day sounds really good! I have this on wishlist since I've heard of it and I can't wait for the release date. Have a great day and I'm a new follower!

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't noticed the Boris resembalnace until you pointed it out and now that's all I can see! Somehow I have a feeling I won't be finding Lothaire too fanciable now!!

    Love the sound Fairy Bad Day - it's one of many on my ever expanding wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss!! I have to agree,,,I loved The Immortal After Dark Series,,,Im not quite finished with but im well enough into,,to know that I love it..
    thanks for sharing

    Jennifer

    come check out my wishlist

    http://aftersunset-b4dawn.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wish-list-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh Fairy Bad Day sounds soooo good. Thanks for sharing Lesley :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! Fairy Bad Day sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Lothaire pic! LOL
    Check out ours at Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I love the summary for Fairy Bad Day! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha... poor butterfly! But Fairy Bad Day sounds like a fun read:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fairy Bad Day sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think ill keep an eye out for them, thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Fairy Bad Day sounds really good. I haven't seen it before. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fairy Bad Day has been on my wishlist since the title was first announced. I really want to get a copy soon. I love her books!

    My featured wish comes from the Armchair BEA interview I conducted earlier in the week. Come see who I interviewed and what book I've added.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fairy bad day sounds great! hope you get your wish :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fairy Bad Day sounds like a really fun summer read! Love your wish list!

    Also, if you have time I am giving away a copy of Wings of Fate on my blog and would love for you to check it out! http://www.handsandhome.ca/2011/05/wings-of-fate-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of either of these but they both sound like fun and interesting reads. Hope you get the chance to read them both soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had the chance to read an early copy of Fairy Bad Day and it was adorable! So I hope you enjoy it once you get the chance to read it. Lothaire also looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.