Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Review- Anna and the French Kiss


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets √Čtienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?

Anna and the French Kiss is the best YA chick lit I have read in such a long time. I absolutely adored it. I want to be a teenager living in Paris attending SOAP (School of America in Paris) and I would quite like an Etienne St Claire of my own. *Swoon*

It wasn't the usual YA love at first sight, this was much more realistic- friends first, then best friends, then the dawning of realisation that its more than friendship. It had all the awkward cringey teenage moments; feeling insecure, arguing, fighting and sniping at each other, moodiness and then the accidental brushing of arms and being hyper aware of everything that was said and done. Brilliant.

I loved Anna, when she first arrives in Paris she's too scared to order any food as she can't speak any French and is too embarrassed to admit it, so she points to grapes and bread and lives off them for ages. I loved when she wrote down what her friend Mer said phonetically when asking for a cinema ticket "Oon ploss see voo play" so that she could buy her own ticket next time. St Claire *sighs* was perfect- witty, sexy, shortish (he he that amused me) cool accent, gorgeous hair. Their emails to each other at Christmas time made me laugh out loud and their hurry up and kiss moments made me shout out loud.

Overall, it was witty, romantic and sooooo good. I finished it and wanted to pick it up and start from the beginning again. 5 stars and then some. J'adore.

7 comments:

  1. Great review- so many people on blogs have loved this book so now I really want to read it! And you're reading Die For Me- I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sally. I would definelty recommend Anna and the French Kiss it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific review!! This is a must get to read for me now thanks to your recommendation. I've read others but your high praise makes this book a must-read!

    My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a sweet and fun read! Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It wasn't the usual YA love at first sight, this was much more realistic- friends first, then best friends, then the dawning of realisation that its more than friendship. It had all the awkward cringey teenage moments"

    That is exactly why I loved this book, it was very realistic. I think that anyone who’s ever been a teenager can relate to it, I loved it! And the hero was to die for of course, that helped a lot! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Brie, I can't stop going on about this book I loved it so much, I haven't heard one person say they didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this book! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.