Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Review- Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison





Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.
I picked Dragon Bound up as Nalini Singh (who is one of my favourite authors) recommended it as a great new paranormal romance. I figured if Nalini likes it, I probably will too. I loved it! The cover and the blurb just don't do it justice at all.
The hero Dragos is an ancient dragon shifter who has been around literally since the dawn of time- he's powerful, mega rich and terrifying. Our heroine Pia is half human, half "something" the something is a big secret which Pia has to guard with her life. She finds herself being blackmailed by her toad like ex-boyfriend and is forced to steal something from Dragos's well protected hoard of priceless items. She nicks a penny, replaces it with another penny and leaves a note apologising on the back of a till receipt. He is then forced to hunt her down but finds himself completely enthralled by her, he's pretty bored with life and realises she is the excitement he needs.
Dragos is all alpha male, he's cavemanish in the extreme. He's arrogant, possessive and completely over bearing. Personally, I love a good protective alpha male and Dragos definitely hit the mark for me. Pia stands her ground with Dragos; she challenges him, supports him and fights back with sarcastic one liners. Her secret half "something" completely blew me away. The chemistry between Dragos and Pia was sizzling, there are some very hot and descriptive smexy scenes. 
The world building in Dragon Bound was fantastic. Often, first books in a new series I find get a bit boring with all the necessary world building which I find often slows a story down, not so in Dragon Bound. There are elves, fae, gryphons, goblins, witches and shifters but the story is never bogged down by the array of characters or setting of the scene, in fact, the story galloped on and kept me glued to the page throughout. I think there is huge potential here for a fantastic series; Dragos has a close knit group of sentinels who are also mythical creatures that could have their own fantastic stories and I'm already looking forward to the next installment.
Overall, if you like dragons, hot paranormal romance, action and adventure then I would say this is the book for you. Go buy it. It's a five from me.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta say, I better get myself this book ASAP, it’s on my wishlist, and I keep seeing good reviews for it EVERYWHERE! Must. Read…love the review, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I would definetly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.