Sunday, 5 June 2011

In my mailbox #8


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week. I absolutely love spending my Sunday mornings ohhing and ahhing at what everyone else got during the week.

I finally got the two books I was waiting for from The Book Depository
Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews
Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

I've finished Kiss of Snow it was amazing (review to follow)
 I am about one third of the way through Magic Slays which is action packed and fab.

I wasn't going to buy any other books this week but made the mistake of "just looking" in Waterstones and was immediately hypnotised by the 3 for 2 offer.

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
What happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Exile by Rebecca Lim
and
Devil Without a Cause by Terri Garey

Firstly, isn't the Darkness Becomes Her UK cover rubbish?
Eeeek I dont like it at all.
I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen books but I keep seeing them everywhere so I thought I would have a go.
Exile was the last one in my 3 for 2 offer, I wandered around for ages with the first two and just couldn't decide on what to buy for the third book. It had better be good! 
Finally I had pre-ordered Devil Without a Cause it looks fab and I can't wait to start it.

I forgot last week I bought
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
I got this from the S&S galley grab but didn't get round to reading it but thought it sounded amazing so when I saw it last week I had to buy it.

Finally, I got 2 swops this week
Dark Oracle by Alayna Williams.

What was in your mailbox this week?

18 comments:

  1. This is an awesome haul. I'm really excited that you got Kiss of Snow--I loved it--and Magic Slays was pretty awesome, too. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about Devil Without a Cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darkness Becomes Her was really good but I didn't love the US cover. I don't know that I like the UK one either though...
    You got a ton of great books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for Magic Slays to arrive at the moment...I want it to arrive so much!

    I love Dark Oracle - hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great IMM!! glad to see you liked kiss of snow. i absolutely LOVED that book. can't get enough hawke. happy reading :)

    Please stop by our IMM.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great haul. They all sound really good. The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a series i'm really looking forward to getting stuck into soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great IMM Lesley. Can't wait to see your thoughts on Exile. :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Mailbox!
    But you are right, the UK cover for Darkness Becomes Her looks rubbish - that's why I'm waiting for the US pb; it'll be worth the wait^^
    And yay for Sarah Dessen, she's great!

    Here is my Mailbox: http://tinyurl.com/6ynqwmw
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, hmm I think this is the lovely person, LOL :D

    You have pulled a great selection this week :D

    I haven't heard of any of the 3 for 2's though :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH! You got Kiss of Snow! I loved that book so much, I could read it over and over again, I hope you enjoy it! I love the Kate Daniels series too, I need to go buy a copy of Magic Slays, I'm ready for my Curran fix:) Awesome books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that Terri Garey had a new series out! I'll have to get it soon. Thanks for sharing your mailbox goodies!

    Diana’s In My Mailbox @ Book of Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set! I really want to read the Ilona Andrews books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of great books. I wish they would have a 3 for 2 deal by me. I'd probably walk out with 12 books :-)

    Happy reading!
    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Forest of Hands and Teeth is on my wishlist. I'll be back to see what you make of it because I've seen mixed reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books this week! I read What Happened to Goodbye it was good but it's not the best Sarah Dessen book out there.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like the cover for Darkness BecomesHer at all but nor am in favour of the North American one either. Neither are really good, but hopefully, that doesn't also go with the actually story within though. The UK cover for Blood Red Road is so completely different than the one we have here! Anyways, happy reading and I hope you enjoy all your new books!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Haul! Loved the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Such a great series. Hope you like it too!

    Happy Reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love the look of "Exile", hopefully it's good and you like it. Hopefully you like all of your goodies. :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.