Sunday, 12 June 2011

In my mailbox #9


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week.

 I've been totally harassed with work this week which means I haven't had a chance to read much this week but to cheer myself up I have bought a few books and ordered a couple too.
I (sad that I am) really enjoy writing lists so I spent a few hours listing what books are coming out over the next few months and created little mini wish lists for each month. Does anyone else do stuff like that? God I hope so!
This week I bought:
Between Here are Forever by Elizabeth Scott
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Sticky Fingers by Niki Burnham
Hexed by Illona Andrews, Yasmine Galenorn, Allyson James, Jeanne C. Stein

For my kindle I bought:
Nightfall by Ellen Connor

I also received a RAK from Donna over at the fabulous Book Passion for Life
I've been desperate to read Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready 
so thank you sooo much Donna.

I also received a RAK from the lovely Hannah at Booking in Heels
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson
thank you so much Hannah.


What was in your mailbox?

16 comments:

  1. Awesome IMM! I just adored reading The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shade is a fabulous read - I loved it last year and really want to get my hands on Shift at the moment!

    I would love to get my hands on Nightfall and Hexed - some fab books there.

    And you're not the only one - I have whole notebooks full of lists all over the place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great IMM! That's such a great idea to make little mini-month wish lists! Happy reading! (buying books always cheers me up too!)

    Here’s my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you like your RAK! I picked that one because I've been wanting to read it myself and I usually pick books to send out that I like the look of myself!

    Thanks again for Red Riding Hood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, I do those lists of what comes out each month and then post it. All I need to do after that is to keep looking at the list to get the books I can. :)) Will be waiting for your review of Nightfall. I think the pen name on it's own makes this book awesome (Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor combined).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great mailbox!
    I started reading Between Here And Forever but didn't finish before my license ran out :( And Looking for Alaska is great, Green's best^^

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/3hounxt
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sorry you have had a crappy week book buying cheers me up to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books do tend to put a smile on a persons face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some fantastic books this week to cheer you up! And I keep lists of books as well- I'm really sad, I list what's coming out each month, books on my pile to read next, lists of books I want to order...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Ilona Andrews Dali story in 'Hexed'. Wonderful little short! Hope you like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mailbox. :) I just love the cover to Between Here and Forever!

    I have several lists of wants. I think every reader needs one. lol

    Here's what I found in my mailbox this week:

    Somber Island, by T. Lynne Tolles

    The Language of Flowers, by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

    Are You Going to Kiss Me Now?, by Sloane Tanen

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved Shade so much. It was on my top 10 for last year.

    Good choice. I really like R.A.K too. It feels nice to give R.A.K's and then get some as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These books look awesome! Hope you enjoy them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books this week. I loved Between Here and Forever and Looking for Alaska and I just ordered Hexed yesterday.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-23.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.