Wednesday, 1 June 2011

My book boyfriend #7

Hooray for book boyfriend day! My book boyfriend started over at The Unread Reader, its basically an opportunity for me to drool over my favourite fictional male characters and show you the swoon worthy scenes that I love the most.

This week I have chosen one of my old favourites. Old is the operative world here as he has been around the universe for a while, its Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. He's an eleven thousand year old god who was cursed into a human body and experienced a horrific human life. To Soteria or Tory (his HEA) he looks like a "hot 21 year old, buff, stud, goth guy" but he's actually an omnipotent god with a demon companion. I love him to bits because despite being the scary powerful head of the Dark Hunters he's actually really insecure (due to his horrific human upbringing) and is convinced no one will love him.

Like most fans when I read the book I pictured the gorgeous Travis Fimmel playing Ash (well, when he was all youngish with gorgeous long blond hair.) *swoon*


He led her hand to his face so that she was touching his cheek as he stared at her. His eyes and the pain in them burned her soul deep. "Because I don't feel broken when you look at me."
Those words brought tears to her eyes. "How could you feel broken?"
He rubbed his face against her palm and when he spoke, his breath scorched her skin. But it was his words that branded her heart. "I was shattered as a child and thrown away, like a piece of trash no one wanted. But you don't treat me like that. You see in me the human bit and you touch that part of me. You make me feel whole and wanted."


"Yes, Soteria. I have. I assure you, my life has never been an easy one and you should be grateful every day you live that you can’t imagine what kind of childhood I had.
I’m sorry, Ash. I didn’t know.
It’s easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present, and their past, but you’d be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often than not, it’s lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundations of their soul."



"What else can I do to piss you off?"
"You can leave me."
"I would never do that, Tory. No one can live without their heart and that’s what you are to me."

I absolutely love Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon I think its epic. I've read pretty much everything she has written and it gets a bit samey at times but I always go back to Acheron he is a worthy book boyfriend.

12 comments:

  1. I love Acheron. Travis Fimmel is a great pick for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to read this series! Now I want to read it even more. Wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo nice MBB this week. I haven't read this series, but Acheron sounds amazing. I think I'll need to get around to reading this series.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot defn hot!I havent heard of the series before - am defn going to check it out now! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Ash is HAWT! Great pick :)

    I am a fan of the were's in the series so I leave everyone else to fight over Ash. I did enjoy his and Tori's love story though. I liked when Simi said "You told me to watch over her, you never said to stop" LOL I giggled at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, perfect choice because Travis Fimmel is a god! And that first quote brought tears to my eyes.

    Eleven thousand years old is epic. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ash is the best! Good choice :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah "Because I don't feel broken when you look at me." I love the vulnerable ones :) great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I like your pictures :-D
    I'm going to have to check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Travis Fimmel!!! I've been drooling over him forever! SOOO Hawt!! lol

    I tend to picture Ash as a brunette thought...Travis is more of a Galen Greenleaf from LKH's Merry Gentry Series for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *sigh* another series I haven't been able to get into just yet. Oh yes, you have convinced me, I will... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im so adding this to my TBR pile, which is getting bigger and bigger haha
    Im loving the quotes as usual
    - abbeys bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.