Wednesday, 8 June 2011

My book boyfriend #8

My book boyfriend started over at The Unread Reader, its basically an opportunity for me to drool over my favourite fictional male characters and show you the swoon worthy scenes that I love the most.

There was no doubt in my mind who would be my book boyfriend this week. In fact I have wanted to have him as my book boyfriend for ages but wanted to do him justice so I waiting until his book was out.

It's Hawke from Nalini Singh's psy/changeling series and I love him and he is MINE!

There has been little mini Hawke glimpses right the way through the series, as a result I have been waiting to read his story for years and it did not disappoint. Hawke is a lone wolf, he believes he lost his mate when he was very young but Sienna the very young and powerful but vulnerable Psy defector fascinates him in a way no other woman ever has. She wants Hawke but he thinks she is too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf. Squeeee.
 Why I love Hawke
1. He is Mr Alpha wolf
2. He is a bad-ass
3. He has abs of steel (see above picture)
4. He loooves baby wolves and gets all protective
5. He is demanding, intense and powerful
6. Did I mention he has abs of steel? 



It was time he thought, to lay things out in the open. "No hypotheticals, Sienna. Me and you. Is that what you want?"
"I've made that pretty clear." An acerbic reply accompanied by arms folded across her chect.
His wolf liked the bite of her, but he had to be certain she understood the implications of being with him. All of them. Fisting a hand into her hair, he pressed in close until she had to unfold her arms, her hands landing on his waist. "Do you know what it would mean for you if I take you as mine?"


"Scared?" Hawke’s smile held no humor. "You should be baby." Then he kissed her and it was no tender exploration, no playful tease. This was the kiss of a man who knew precisely what he wanted.



Tonight, he wore a black on black suit that threw the vivid colouring of his eyes and hair into shocking relief, the shirt open at the collor. But though he looked like he could've walked out of a spread in some fancy men's magazine, there was no hiding the predatory glint in that gaze.
Leaning forward without warning, he fisted his hands in her hair to take her mouth in a kiss that made it clear he considered her his. All his. Every inch of her.

I love this whole series, Hawke is the ultimate alpha wolf.
Josh Holloway would make a yummy Hawke

7 comments:

  1. I love a man who knows what he wants and shows it. Hawke is one very sexy guy. Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. insert sigh
    I need to read this series, Hawke sounds so good.
    I've read her guild hunter series which was great so i might get on to this one because i'm loving your quotes!
    - abbeys bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to meet this Hawke :)

    What a perfect book boyfriend and ok YUM on the Sawyer (whoops sorry Josh Holloway) pictures those are LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never met Hawke myself, but I'm already in love with him thanks to some enthusiastic fangirls.

    How can you not love a guy with hard abs who loves baby wolves! Awwwww

    And Dang! That quote... "Do you know what it would mean for you if I take you as mine?"

    Make me melt like butter, why don't you Hawke!

    Josh is super sexy in all those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED TO READ THIS SERIES! Oh, sorry for yelling. Jus that... nice... :) I really think Josh looks good in those pics!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.