Thursday, 16 June 2011

The Ocean by Mia Castile blogtour

I'm the fourth stop on the blog tour for The Ocean by Mia Castile. I finished it the other day and really enjoyed it, it was a really sweet romance and the sad parts had me literally crying buckets, I also fell a little bit in love with the very yummy Travis.

The Ocean is available on Kindle for only 69p. Bargain or what! Here is a little excerpt to wet your appetite:


"If Travis is staying for dinner, then you should add another place."  I stiffened as Oliver stood behind me hovering in the doorway.  "What's for dinner? I swear sometimes I come home and the house still smells so good from what you've cooked, Anna.  I go to sleep hungry."  I went to the cupboard and took down another plate, glass, and silverware from the drawer.

"If you don't mind, please call me Gia, or Gianna.  Anna was my mother's name," I said as if I had to remind him.

"I know, but you are so much like her.  I am proud.  She did an excellent job with both you and Alex.  I know Alex only hit that boy because he wanted to hit me," he said it very matter-of-factly.  I just stood there and stared at him.  "But he has to learn that there are consequences to every action, and if he continues down this road. . .” He shook his head.  "Well, God help his soul."  He went upstairs without another word until Travis and Alex came back.  Dinner was a quiet event, and though I'm sure he enjoyed his big salad, Travis didn't say.  We finished our homework afterward at the dining room table as Alex and Oliver cleaned up the dishes.  Alex went to his room to do homework, and Oliver turned on the TV.  We didn't rush even though Travis' leg bounced nervously.  I put my hand on his to calm him.  It helped only for a minute, but we finished around the same time we usually did.  I walked him to the porch steps to say goodbye.

"Don't be offended, but that was the worst night I've spent at your house." He shook his head as he whispered, “The salad was delicious, but your dad, man, wow." 

"I know, he totally creeped me out, too."  I rested my arms against him as he casually put his hands on my waist.  He kissed my forehead, then my nose, and finally he gently kissed my lips.  Then the porch light came on. 

"I don't know why he's acting like he's my dad.  This is starting to scare me,"  I mumbled sarcastically.

"The world is a crazy place,"  He chuckled.  "Tomorrow?"

"Yes, tomorrow."  He squeezed me in a hug and turned to leave.  I stood there until I saw his tail lights turn off my street.  Then I went inside and went to bed.  I would see him again very soon.  Tomorrow

Each stop in the blog tour has provided part of a code which you need to gather and put together into a sentence. Today's code is "she was"

Head over to Mia's blog tomorrow to find out the final part of the code, the first three people to post on her blog the correct code phrase will win.

If you need a recap here are the blog tour details:

13th- K- Books
16th- Me!

You can follow Mia on twitter, become a fan on facebook, or visit her website.



1 comment:

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.