Saturday, 11 June 2011

On my wishlist


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books.


Flying Blind
Deborah Cooke
New American Library
Publication date: 7th June

Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.

Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.

I only noticed Flying Blind the other day on Amazon, I don't know how I've missed it as I love a good dragon book. Anyway it's had some good reviews so I have ordered it.


Hexed
Kevin Hearne
Del Ray
Publication date: 7th June



Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn’t care much for witches. Still, he’s about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty—when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they’re badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II.

With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor’s rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked the wrong Druid to hex.

I loved Hounded the first in the series so immediately pre-ordered Hexed, I can't wait to start it Atticus is my favourite Druid of all time. Hehe.

What's on your wishlist this week?

16 comments:

  1. I like the sound of both those,,books,,YA? just curious,,
    thanks for sharing
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying Blind intrigues me. I am sure there is another one similar coming out about a dragon shapeshifter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and am desperate to get the other two books in the trilogy! Must...Have...Now...
    I cant believe it took me this long to discover her books. Off to bookstore first thing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good picks! Both of them are sitting on my TBR stack. I have to read Hounded before I read Hexed though (which is also on the stack). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are books I want to read as well! Happy reading!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-my-wishlist-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. Those look good. Everytime I see someone else's wishlist, I see another book that I want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These 'On MY Wishlist' posts are very bad for my wish-list lol. Great choices I will keep my eye out for them :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These 'On MY Wishlist' posts are very bad for my wish-list lol. Great choices I will keep my eye out for them :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve seen Hexed around a bit lately in the blogosphere, I think I’m gonna have to check it out too. Thanks for stopping by my wishlist today!
    Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! They sounds very interesting and I would love to read these too.

    Thank you for sharing:-)

    Have a great day.

    My wishlist

    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have terrific taste, lol. I have Hexed and have Flying Blind pre-ordered too. :D These wishlists are dangerous, I plucked FB from someone else's a while ago or I'd have missed it too.

    Hope you enjoy them both!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just ordered Hounded as I loved the sound of it...so I may be wishing for Hexed soon as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My featured wish is Junonia by Kevin Henkes. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of Hexed, or Hounded, but it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.