Sunday, 10 July 2011

In my mailbox #13


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week. I had a fab mailbox this week filled with lovely book goodness. *sighs happily*

First up I received a signed proof copy of Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling. I was so excited I woke my husband (who had just finished a night shift) to tell him all about it, how wonderful Finding Sky was, how it's not actually out until October, how AMAZING it will be etc etc. He was not very amused. Don't understand why. Anyway, I was excited and can't wait to read it.


I also received some RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) from lovely fellow bloggers.
Donna over at Book Passion for Life sent me 13 Little Blue Envelopes By Maureen Johnson
Maricar over at Blackplume sent me Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski (review to follow)
and GraveMinder by Melissa Carr.

Thank you ladies and I hope you enjoy your RAK's



The totally fab Jadey over at Ink Scratchers has let me borrow her copy of The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson which is the next book on my enormous TBR list. Thank you sooo much Jadey :) Her blog is fantastic, I really enjoy reading her reviews so go check it out.


Swaps
I also received a big pile of swops this week both from Read It Swop It and the brilliant Goodreads group I am a member of UK Swap Shop.
Thanks again Donna, Lindsey and Kayleigh fab swops as always.


I Bought

Amy and Rodger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - I LOVED it (huge gushing review to follow)
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan (I'm reading it right now)
Texas Gothic and Forever I bought in ASDA. I know, ASDA in really good books shocker! 



For my Kindle I bought
 First Frost by Jennifer Estep (she is an auto buy for me)
Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens


From Net galley
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
Lord of The Vampires by Gena Showalter



 

What was in your mailbox this week?

17 comments:

  1. Wow, did you get enough books this week? :)

    I've heard so many good things about Amy and Rodger. Glad you enjoyed it.

    I can't believe you haven't read 13LBR yet! It's so good! Apparently it is one of those books which are like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

    Great books this week :D

    Ps, I don't understand your husband either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome mailbox!! You have enough books to keep you busy for a while...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pile of books there! I can't wait to red Ten Things We Did, hope you enjoy reading all of these.

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-14_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you had an amazing week. I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to get my hands on Texas Gothic and The Thing We Did. Awesome book haul. So many good books!

    Happy Reading.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Lol Lesley, don't worry my partner was the same when Stealing Phoenix turned up. Lol. I was screaming, screaming screaming! :) Enjoy. Look forward to your review. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Mega book week Lesley!

    I do random checks in ASDA for books as very occasionally good books do seem to turn up there for very good prices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - you certainly have enough there to keep you occupied for at least a week :)

    All your books look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- you got so many great books this week. I love the sound of most of them- I'm going to go and check out Finding Sky after your rec.
    Happy reading!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is an AMAZING mailbox! And we have a shockingly similar taste :lol:
    I have 13 little blue envelops as an ebook, I got Graveminder too this week^^, then things is on my wishlist, I got an eARC for Fire and Thorns, Jessie Hearts NYC and Epic Detour are in the mail (coming next week), Dash & Lily is on my wishlist and I got an eARC of Beautiful Dark! *phew, catches breath*

    Lol, anyway, here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/6yycqy2
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOh the post man is going to REALLY hate you!! I myself am salivating!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to a lot of books you got this week myself. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. You got a lot of books! So jealous... 13 Little Blue Envelopes seems great! And I long to read Fins Are Forever, Amy and Rodger's Epic Detour! Cold Kiss seems intriguing too. Can't wait to see your thoughts through the books! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely set of books you have got, and i agree with the asda comment, I have found really great books in my local asda myself.

    *new follower*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Forever and Texas Gothic from Asda this week too! I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and 13 Little Blue Envelopes. I hope you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing mailbox! Thannks for the mention :) I bought Texas Gothic, Amy and Rogers Epic Detour and 13 Little Blue Envelopes on Saturday haha! :)Stealing Phoenix sounds great, I loved Finding Sky :) Hope you love Fire and Thorns! I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lots of lovely books you got there. Can't wait to see your review! I hope the other book I sent will arrive to you safely. Enjoy reading ^__^

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.