Wednesday, 13 July 2011

My book boyfriend # 11


It's Wednesday which means it's book boyfriend day. My book boyfriend began over at The Unread Reader and has now pretty much taken over my Wednesday's. Every Wednesday I drool over a fictional male character and rack my brains to think of what yummy person I will use in pictures to make everyone else drool too.

This weeks book boyfriend is Valek from The Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. This book was one of those of those books I bought on a whim and loved so much I read the whole series in a week. Valek was a character I thought was going to be a real baddie but he turned out to be protective, fierce, intelligent and ruthless and an all round perfect book boyfriend.


Valek facts
1. He is the Chief of Security in Ixia. He deliberately feeds Yelena Butterfly Dust a "poison" thus tying Yelena to staying in Ixia as the Commander's food taster as she relies on Valek for her daily antidote. Don't worry it turns out he didn't really poison her he's a good guy, honest.
2. He's a spymaster and is in charge of a network of spies. He knows everything.
3. He is a patient and deadly assassin.
4. He has deep blue eyes and a sculpted body. He sometimes wears a uniform (woo hoo)
4. He saves Yelena on numerous occasions and eventually falls in love with her.



"What have I earned from you, Valek? Loyalty? Respect? Trust?"
"You have my attention. But give me what I want, and you can have everything."

"The uniform enhanced his athletic body, and my thoughts drifted to how magnificent he would look with his uniform puddled around his feet."

"Yelena, you've driven me crazy. You've caused me considerable trouble and I've contemplated ending your life twice since I've known you." Valek's warm breath in my ear sent a shiver down my spine.
"But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.”
“That sounds more like a poison than a person,” was all I could say. His confession had both shocked and thrilled me.
“Exactly,” Valek replied. “You have poisoned me." He rolled me over to face him. Before I could make another sound he kissed me.
Thanks to the lovely Chad White for being my Valek

14 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series but you've definitely made me want to read it!

    I'm off to have a look at it on Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valek totally makes my Number 1 Book Boy! I really want to re-read the Study Series! <3

    Though must say, I saw Valek as more of a Raffaello Balzo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked up Raffaelo Balzo- yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, much?! I haven't read this series but I think maybe I should. That guy is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to start this series. I know I know, you've told me a few times. I will soon. Lol Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great pick! I have nothing but good things about the series and oh my, that is some hubba hubba man candy up there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by earlier :) I haven't read this series, but for that handsome boy I'd pick up just about anything ;) Hubba Hubba!! great pick!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot Dog! I've never heard of Chad White before, but now I'll be googling him all day.

    Valek seems a bit scary, but in a completely sexy way. LOL

    Hot pictures, awesome quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Lesley! I'm a new follower from Book Blogs! I haven't read this series, but I think I'm going to have to check it out! I love male characters that are drool-worthy!
    PS, I love the photo in your title! I saw that it was a bookstore in the Hague, but I thought it kinda looked like Heaven. :)
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love this series! Valek is such a swoonworthy hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those quotes are swoon worthy. And I will definitely have to read the Poison Study series now (and picture him as Chad White YUM).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your Valek so much better than the one I pictured in the book! For some reason, I imagined this way too old, gaunt guy with stringy black hair. (I'm not a fan of long hair on guys.)

    And yes, that final scene you quoted - I constantly call up that poison line he said. So romantic (in context lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo I haven't heard of this series but judging from those quotes it sounds like something I would like. I think I may add them to my TBR pile. Awesome pics by the way.
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh how did this get passed me? Where was I?? OMG Valek is my first serious book crush, he was the one I kept thinking about long after I book marked. He is so brilliantly portrayed...Oh how I love him.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.