Saturday, 9 July 2011

On my wish list


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books and then I drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to my already enormous TBR list. I added quite a 3 new books to my wishlist this week as I checked out goodreads and other blogs.


Saving June
Hannah Harrington
Harlequin Teean
UK Publication date: November!!!!



When model student June Scott kills herself on the brink of high school graduation, no one is more shocked than her sixteen-year-old sister Harper. Things go from bad to worse after her nosy evangelical aunt moves in to take care of her mom, and when her estranged parents decide to split June’s ashes between them, it’s the last straw. Harper knows she has to take serious action— action that takes form in plotting with her best friend to spread the ashes in the one place June always wanted to live: the California coast

Enter Jake Tolan, a boy with a classic rock obsession, a bad attitude, and nothing in common with straight-laced June. But after he crashes June’s wake, Harper is sure he knows more about her sister than he’s letting on. Her suspicions only deepen when he discovers the plan to steal the urn and decides he wants in, for reasons he’s none too forthcoming to explain.
Of course, once they’re on the road, things don’t go as smoothly as she’d hoped. First there’s a brush with the law during an anti-war protest gone bad. And if it’s not trying to avoid arrest, it’s dealing with angry threats from parents, public brawls in underground punk clubs, and more accidental detours than Harper can count.
Complicating things even more is her growing attraction to Jake; she’s drawn to his alternately charming and infuriating demeanor, and his unwavering faith in the idea that music can see you through anything. It might be exactly what she needs.
What Harper doesn’t know is that he has a secret with the power to turn her life upside-down— again.

I read an amazing review of Saving June by Nic over at Irresistible Reads and now I want it soooo badly. However, I can't get in the UK and I am totally distraught. I am not known for my patience when it comes to book buying so if I have to go to Australia to get it I will. I might need to check to see if I have any generous Australian distant relatives who live near a bookshop and are willing to pop in and get it for me and then transport it to me Star Trek style so that I can start it immediately.


Amplified
Tara Kelly
Henry Holt & Co
Publication date: 25th October

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it...

I saw this on Goodreads and thought it looks really fun. I've added it to my "Must buy in October" list.

Love & Leftovers
Sarah Tregay
Katherine Tegan Books
Expected publication: 1st January 2012




My wish
is to fall
cranium over Converse
in dizzy, daydream-worthy
love.

When her parents split, Marcie is dragged from Idaho to a family summerhouse in New Hampshire. She leaves behind her friends, a group of freaks and geeks called the Leftovers, including her emo-rocker boyfriend, and her father.
By the time Labor Day rolls around, Marcie suspects this "vacation" has become permanent. She starts at a new school where a cute boy brings her breakfast and a new romance heats up. But understanding love, especially when you've watched your parents' affections end, is elusive. What does it feel like, really? can you even know it until you've lost it?

Finally, I saw this cover on Goodreads and immediately fell in love it as I am a big Converse fan and was thinking of buying a red pair to add to my collection. Oh, and the blurb sounds good too....


So what's on your wish list this week?

10 comments:

  1. Not heard of any of these books, but I am curious about all of them. You should find a way to buy them and review them for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice choices. Interesting as I've never heard of them. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour and come see what I put on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices, I hope you enjoy them! Happy reading : )

    My Wishlist

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool picks! I hope you have fun reading all three when you get them. :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amplified sounds like a great book. I think I have seen it before too.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you all these look good! I just heard about Saving June and it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices - Saving June does sound so good.
    I love converse too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never owned a pair of Converse shoes. My total wishlist stands at 854 books, an increase of 13 books since last week. My featured wish is After the Party by Lisa Jewell. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saving June sounds really good, l hope you somehow manage to get a copy of it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.