Saturday, 16 July 2011

On my wish list


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books and then I drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to my already enormous TBR list.

First Grave on the Right
Darynda Jones
St. Martin's Press
1st Feb 2011

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life…and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.


This has had a few 5 star ratings on Goodreads so I might give it a go.


The List
Siobhan Vivian
Expected publication: April 2012

An intense look at the rules of high school attraction-and the price that's paid for them.
It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.
This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.



I just finished Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivan and saw this, it sounds pretty good.


Taking a Shot
Jaci Burton
Berkley
Publication date: 12th Feb 2012


If you want to score, you have to get in the game...
The last thing Jenna Riley needs is more sports in her life. While her brothers are off being athletic superstars, she’s stuck running the family’s sports bar, whether she likes it or not. Then in walks pro hockey stud Tyler Anderson. As much as Jenna would like to go to the boards with him, she’s vowed to never fall for a jock—even one as hot as Ty.
Ty, intrigued by the beautiful bar owner, becomes a regular. He senses that Jenna wants to do something more with her life. And as he gains her trust, the passion between them grows, as does Ty’s insistence that Jenna should start living for herself. With his encouragement, Jenna starts to believe it, too…
But first, Jenna has to figure out what she wants, what she needs, who she loves, and if she has the passion and pride to take a shot at having it all—including Ty…


I know nothing about hockey. Not a thing. Who cares? Isn't the cover yummy?

12 comments:

  1. Oh The List definitely sounds like it could be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been wanting to read First Grave and any Jaci Burton book (although I want to just stare at the cover... lol). Great choices this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I literally JUST finished First Grave on the Right today! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Play by Play series on my wishlist. I need to read those. And yeah, it's the covers that caught my attention :) Hope you get to read these soon!


    On my Wishlist this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an old follower hopping by and Omg The List looks amazing!
    I had never even heard of it!
    Thanks!!
    :D

    Check out My OMW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Just got that book from Darynda Jones and entered a contest for the 2nd book in the series,,I havent read it yet,right now Im deep in the Lords of the Underworld, by Gena Showalter,,but and my wish list today has Play by Play by Jaci Burton,,lol Great minds think alike..
    thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Just got that book from Darynda Jones and entered a contest for the 2nd book in the series,,I havent read it yet,right now Im deep in the Lords of the Underworld, by Gena Showalter,,but and my wish list today has Play by Play by Jaci Burton,,lol Great minds think alike..
    thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh The List and Taking a Shot looks AWESOME!!!
    My wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great wishlist! I love Jaci Burton's cover it is hawt! It took me a while to actually read the blurb I kept getting distracted! : P

    My Wishlist

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  10. First Grave on the Right is on my to read list too. It sounds like such a great book.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. The List sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My featured wishlist is Rapunzel's Daughters. Please come see what else is on my plate.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.