Saturday, 23 July 2011

On my wish list


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books and then I drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to my already enormous TBR list.


The Fine Art of Truth or Dare
Melissa Jensen
Speak
Expected publication: 16th Feb 2012


Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming
romantic comedy
Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that’s just fine by her. She’s got her friends— the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She’s got her art— and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it’s hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they’re dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?

Any mention of Anna and The French Kiss and I am so there. I love this cover.

Stay With Me
Paul Griffin
Dial
Publication date: 8th September
An urban romance that will capture your soul, break your heart, and restore your faith in the human spirit

Fifteen-year-olds Cece and Mack didn't expect to fall in love. She's a sensitive A student; he's a high school dropout. But soon they're spending every moment together, bonding over a rescued dog, telling their secrets, making plans for the future. Everything is perfect. Until. Until. Mack makes a horrible mistake, and in just a few minutes, the future they'd planned becomes impossible. In this stark new reality, both of them must find meaning and hope in the memories of what they had, to survive when the person they love can't stay.

I want to know NOW what the horrible mistake Mack makes. Love the dog on this cover!


Never Enough
Lauren Dane
Berkley Publishing Group
Publication date: 6th September

Gillian Forrester spent her life running...until Miles came along. The moment she held her older sister's unwanted newborn, Gillian stopped running and began building a life for her adopted son. Now, thirteen years later, Gillian's sister reveals the father's identity on her deathbed-a revelation that shakes Gillian to her core.
Adrian Brown is the epitome of the successful rock star. It takes a lot to shock him-but the bombshell that he has a son rocks his world. And Adrian is even more surprised when the buttoned-up elegant woman who's raising him ignites his erotic and romantic attention-and engages his heart.

I will admit the cover got me with this one. Yummy.

What's on your wishlist this week?


12 comments:

  1. I have the first two on my wishlist as well. I love how you said "mention Anna and I'm there" (something among those lines). Anna ruined us, in a good way, of course. And the second book reminds me of Perfect Chemistry, but that's not necessarily bad. It's like your song being compared to a big hit; you have to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of Never Enough by Lauren Dane,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Ive not heard of the first one but it sounds amazing! I LOVE Pretty In Pink and Anna and the French Kiss! Its going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum... "The fine art of truth and dare" and "Stay with me" sounds really really good, I think I'm going to add them to my Wishlist, thanks for sharing!
    This is my On my Wishlist. Feel free to pass by and have a look.
    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- never heard of any of these before but I love the sound of all of them- and I love the covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare looks EPIC... Win!

    My wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Sally - not heard of any of these but intrigued! Especially about the mistake Mack makes...Hmm...one for my own wishlist I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first book sounds like a fun read. I love romantic comedies! I need to get my hands on Never Enough, if only for the cover! Hubba Hubba ;)

    Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get your books. My total wishlist stands at 864 books, an increase of 8 books since last week. The Last Council (Amulet 4) by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what books I'm reading this week from my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks. I love the cover for Never Enough.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those all look good, but I really want to read Stay with Me because of the dog on the cover. :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! New follower here!

    I love your choices! Well, actually, I'd be a bit scared of reading "Stay With Me", because I think it might not have a happy ending, and I HAVE to have a happy ending to a romance novel!!! That's why I stay away from certain romance authors who shall remain nameless. They have sad endings to all their books!

    The other two books you have sound real cool, and I'm pretty sure I would enjoy reading them!! I especially like "Never Enough". Very heartwarming plot!

    Thanks for the recommendations! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.