Saturday, 2 July 2011

On my wishlist


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. We list the books that we really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books and then we drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to our already enormous TBR lists!

My wish list expanded dramatically this week as loads of new books and fabulous covers seemed to pop up all over the place, I picked a couple that not only look good but the blurbs sound really promising. Roll on 2012!

The Calling
Darkness Rising #2
Kelley Armstrong
Expected publication: April 2012



Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is—a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.
Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they’re kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home.

Tempest
Julie Cross
Expected publication: 3rd January 2012


Jackson thought he had all the time in the world with Holly. Until time took him away from her . . .

Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy . . . who just happens to be able to travel through time. It’s all just harmless fun until the day Jackson witnesses his girlfriend, Holly, get fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years, but it’s not long before the people who shot Holly come looking for him. And these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit (or kill) this powerful young time-traveler. Jackson must decide how far he is willing to go to save Holly . . . and the entire world.


Under The Never Sky
Veronica Rossi
Expected publication: 7th February 2012


Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland—nicknamed The Death Shop—are slim. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent, electrified energy storms eventually will. In this dystopia, even the very air she breathes could kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He’s wild, dangerous—a savage. He’s also her only hope.

Perry needs Aria, too. She alone holds the key to his redemption. And their unlikely alliance will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

What's on your wish list this week?


11 comments:

  1. Great wishlist! I really like the sound of Under the Never Sky, it sounds so good, definitely one I am going to keep an on for Feb 2012!

    My Wishlist

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound like good reads and I love the cover of Tempest.
    Oddly enough I don't have a wishlist at the moment. Last month I won a book voucher and bought all the books I've been wanting for ages!
    I am looking forward to Rapture by Lauren Kate though. It's coming out in Summer 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tempest looks amazing. Nice picks.

    Amy@adumbrations

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of these look great! I'm going to have to add them to my wishlist as well...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of Tempest before. The premise sounds really interesting. I'm adding it to my wishlist. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On My Wishlist this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read any Kelly Armstrong, but they sound like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the calling has a really beautiful cover. I've never read anything by Kelley Armstrong...someday. Tempest intrigues me. January seems so far away though.

    Happy Reading,

    ~Sara

    http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes... I need anything Kelley Armstrong. Oh and those others look so good too. I am in total agreement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get your books. My featured wish this week is Babymouse: Monster Mash by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.