Sunday, 7 August 2011

In my mailbox #17


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week.

Before i start I just want to stay HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Gran who is 101 (yes, one hundred and one!!) years old today, she will get her second telegram from The Queen today and I predict she will be as underwhelmed and critical of it as she was last year (more so probably this year).
People live long lives in my family her sister was 102!!!

Anyhoo, on to the books:

For review:
Shimmer by Alyson Noel
(I already have this but haven't actually read it yet)
Deception by Lee Nichols
(I read it that day it was a really good ghost story- my review will be up this week)

I bought:
Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison
(I loved Dragon Bound so I can't wait to read this)
Working Stiff by Rachel Caine
(I need to read this sharpish as I've promised to lend it out!)

RAK:
Stay by Deb Caletti
(was kindly sent to me from Alyssa at Alyssa's bookshelf )

From swops:
Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
(I finished this on Friday so my review will be up this week)
The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

From Net galley:
|The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
(I am so excited to read Graffiti Moon I can't believe it was on Net Galley)

On loan
Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent
(Melanie from the Goodreads group UK Swap Shop won an ARC and kindly let me borrow it- I was up until 2am reading it, my review will be up later in the week suffice to say IT WAS AMAZING)
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
(Donna from Book Passion For Life has kindly let me borrow it, thanks Donna)

What was in your mailbox this week?

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Graffiti Moon! I hope you do too. So many other awesome books as well like Stay. I can't wait to hear what you think of Working Stiff. Rachel Caine is awesome. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for Graffiti Moon! I didn't even know it was on netgalley. I will probably read that one next! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deception and The Demon Lover both look very good! Great IMM! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. shimmer has a great cover! i'd like to read stay sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week Lesley :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Gran :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. 101 years old - that's amazing! Happy birthday to your Gran!

    So many great books - I'm always impressed at how quickly you're able to start reading new books when you receive them! I rarely seem to be able to start reading new books straight away/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - You've read Blood Bound?! SO JEALOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous that you're getting to read Wildefire! Amazing haul lesley :)

    here is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, Happy Birthday to your grandmother! That's exciting, 101 years? Though it's probably just another day in her opinion, either way I hope she enjoys it. :)

    Now onto books. That cover to "The Demon Lover" is just stinking pretty! I hope you enjoy all of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Happy Birthday to your gran too! 101 is some cool age!

    Deception sounds really good. I received that one this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really loved Deb Caletti's Stay and Wildefire was great, too!
    Graffiti Moon is in my mailbox this week too and I hope that Demon Lover will be next week :)

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/3mq5dpn
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great IMM! I'm very interested to read your review for Fall for Anything :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay Storm's Heart!!!! I adore that series, can't wait to see what you think of Tricks and Tiago:) And I'm super excited for Blood Bound, Rachel Vincent is a favorite of mine. So glad to know you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a great IMM week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mailbox! Shimmer has a nice cover, and I've been hearing great things about Thea Harrison. Hope you enjoy all your books this week. Happy reading!

    http://book-obsessed.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-60.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great IMM this week! Happy reading! :)

    Check out my IMM HERE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, new follower!

    I loved, loved The Boyfriend List and I hope you enjoy it, too. I'm also a big fan of Courtney Summers' writing, so I'm sure Fall For Anything will be an amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to read Blood Bound!! =D Rachel Vincent is an amazing author. Enjoy all the wonderful books! =D

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got deception too, it looks really good, as does the Boyfriend List which is on my TBR! :D I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to your thoughts of "Wildfire" and "Shimmer".

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.