Saturday, 13 August 2011

In my mailbox #18


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week. I received quite a lot of books this week, but in my defence I only bought two honest!

 I bought
Home Improvement (The Undead Edition)
A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley
(this was on my wish list last week as I continue my love of Aussie YA)

 I won
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
(thanks to Emma at Belle Books
 I just read my first Sarah Dessen during the week so can't wait to read this)

 Travelling Book
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
(this is the August travelling book from the Goodreads group UK Swop Shop)

 For review
After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel
(I'm really looking forward to reading this and got quite excited when the package arrived)
Betrayal by Lee Nichols
(I enjoyed Deception so much I asked for the sequel)
Sektion 20 by Paul Dowswell
(Not sure this is my cup of tea really!)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
(I love this creepy cover)
Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
(Another one I can't wait to read)
The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees
D4rk Inside by Jeyn Roberts
(this sounds pretty good actually)
David by Mary Hoffman

I also received
The Kite Runner graphic novel
(I loved the original book and have never actually even seen a graphic novel
before so I'm pretty intrigued about this on) 

 Thanks to Bloomsbury, Macmillan and Hodder & Stoughton

So what was in your mailbox this week?

25 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week! Can't wait to read Supernaturally, and I loved Along for the Ride! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read D4rk inside, it sounds sooooo good.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! I loved Delirium and I can't wait to read Supernaturally. Happy Reading!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome book week! Supernaturally was really good and I LOVED Delirium! I'm curious about After Obsession because I didn't really care for Carrie's others books, I'm wondering if it's something I would enjoy or not. Can't wait to see some reviews. Can't wait for Liesl & Po! Enjoy your awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books this week! I am very intrigued about The Kite Runner graphic novel. I will look out for your review. I love the cover for Along for the Ride! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good books! I love A Little Wanting Song and hope you do. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Little Wanting Song sounds good. I love the cover of Along for the Ride. Delirium is one of my all-time favorites. Hope you enjoy it! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've have the hardcopy for Delirium but not read it - really should get round to that soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great mailbox!
    Home Improvement is on my wish list, and so are After Obsession, Supernaturally and Delirium.
    Along for the Ride was great, I have the US version on my shelf :)

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/3wuce8a
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  10. you got some really great books this week! I cant wait to start the two Lee Nichols books and After Obsession really does sound amazing doesnt it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another absolutely fab week of books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! TONS of books!! I didn't know they made Kite Runner into a graphic novel! Might have to check that out... LOVED the book..

    I haven't read Charlaine Harris' short stories before.. (tho I did get the chance to meet her a couple weeks ago!)

    And I hear Sarah Dessen's fantastic! I haven't read any of her books before.. will have to check them out!)

    Here's my IMM! http://wp.me/pAblM-lB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books as always. Dark Inside does sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower :) Great books this week! Happy Reading :)

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome books this week. Kite Runner has been on my TBR list for quite a while. Too many books, too little time. :) Happy Reading!!!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great set! Yay for Along For the Ride and Supernaturally. I want to read them both.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems like you've definitely found some great books this week! I still haven't read any Sarah Dressen novels, but really want too and I've just bought Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, so I hope I'll enjoy it. :) Still hasn't arrived yet, sadly.

    Click to see what I got in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy all your new fabulous reads...you have plenty to keep you busy!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of books this week! I am such a fan of Sarah Dessen but haven't read Along For the Ride yet!

    Currently reading After Obsession and Dark Inside is my next read!

    I'm jealous of Liesl and Po! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got a nice list of books this week in your mailbox. The Kite Runner has been on my list for a long time now.
    I hope you enjoy your new books,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many great books! I'm looking forward to After Obsession. Enjoy!

    Win an ARC of The Predicteds by Christine Seifert

    ReplyDelete
  22. great books this week Lesley, glad you got Along For The Ride okay!

    I am so jealous that you got a copy of Liesl & Po, I can't wait to read it!

    Emma @ BelleBooks

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited for After Obsession! Lucky you!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-monday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard a lot of great things about The Kite Runner; I hope you'll enjoy it as well.

    Take a look at what's in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what a great week you had! Hope you enjoy all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.