Thursday, 25 August 2011

Mini review- She's So Dead to Us/ He's So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott

She's So Dead to Us
Kieran Scott
(He's So/She's So Trilogy #1)
My rating: 5 out of 5

Rich "crestie" Ally Ryan was forced to leave town in disgrace after her father's bad investment left them financially ruined and nearly took some of her crestie friends parents with them. A year later Ally's father has disappeared off the face of the earth and Ally has moved back with her mum who has a new job at her old high school and has high hopes of reuniting with her old crestie friends.

Ally is now a "norm" living in the poorer part of town and Ally's so called friends have shunned her, blaming Ally for her father's mistakes. Hot new guy (isn't there always a hot new guy?) Jake is now living in Ally's posh crestie home, he knows nothing of Ally's background but the crestie friends soon fill him in.

Told alternatively from Ally and Jake's perspectives She's So Dead To Us is a surprisingly juicy read about social divisions, fitting in and finding out who your real friends are. I loved Ally's character she's a scapegoat for her father's actions but she's no doormat, and shows real strength of character in dealing with the cruel actions of her former friends. I cringed at Ally and her mum's attempts to fit back in. The crestie dinner was particularly cringe worthy and I wondered why at times they put themselves through it. This was my first Kieran Scott book and I was immediately captivated by the plot twists and surprises and loved the big cliffhanger ending.

Kieran Scott
(He's So/She's So Trilogy #2)
My rating: 4.5 out of 5

Thankfully I had He's So Not Worth It ready and waiting to be read straight after finishing She's So Dead To Us. Ally is a completely different character in this book. The situation with her mother's annoying "don't sit on the white couch and take your shoes off at the door please" new boyfriend, her longing for her parents to get back together again coupled with her need to avoid Jake results in a teenage rebellion of epic proportions.

Ally is drinking loads and hooks up with local boy Cooper (who annoyed me no end) down at Jersey Shore whilst Jake is stuck working in the local coffee shop and attends summer school getting closer and closer to Chloe.

I still liked Ally despite her obvious downward spiral, my favourite character has to be Annie Ally's "norm" friend with her ongoing crestie research she made me snort with laughter at times. He's So Not Worth It is fast paced and addictive and although it's not quite as good as the first installment the huge cliffhanger ending will have me buying the final book in the trilogy the day it comes out. Great series.

3 comments:

  1. These books have been on my TBR for ages! I really want to read them, its good to know its a good series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally seems like a character that is still struggling with identifying who she is and that is kind of fascinating.

    Great minis. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I don't know. On the one hand, Ally sounds like I might want to hit her, but on the other hand, I love teen angst. Plus, the social division of wealth astounds and mystifies me. I think I may pick this one up. Awesome review!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.