Wednesday, 10 August 2011

My book boyfriend #13


My book boyfriend began over at The Unread Reader and has now pretty much taken over my Wednesday's. Every Wednesday I drool over a fictional male character and rack my brains to think of what yummy person I will use in pictures to make everyone else drool too.

Last week I read my first Sarah Dessen book, yes, I am completely aware that I am very slow on the uptake and that everyone else has read them but I hadn't. I actually have 3 of her books sitting on my bookshelf so there is no excuse for my tardiness. Anyway, I loved it and thought that Wes the yummy artist from The Truth About Forever was a worthy book boyfriend. Sa-wooon.

"You" I said, "have this whole tall, dark stranger thing going on. Not to mention the tortured artist bit."
"Bit?"
"You know what I mean."
He shook his head, clearly discounting this description. "And you," he said, "Have that whole blonde, cool and collected, perfect smart girl thing going on."
"You're the boy all the girls wnat to rebel with," I said.
"You" he replied, "are the unattainable girl in homeroom who never gives a guy the time of day."
There was a blast of music from inside, a thump of bass beat, then quiet again.
"I'm not perfect," I said. "Not even close."
"I'm not tortured. Unless you count this conversation."

"Okay,' he said. He took a breath. 'What would you do, if you could do anything?'

I took a step toward him, closing the space between us. 'This,' I said. And then I kissed him.

Kissed him. There, in the middle of the street, as the world went on around us. Behind me, I knew Jason was still waiting for an explanation, my sister was still lecturing, and that angel still had her eyes skyward, waiting to fly. As for me, I was just trying to get it right, whatever that meant. But now I finally felt I was on my way. Everyone had a forever, but given a choice, this would be mine. The one that began in this moment, with Wes, in a kiss that took my breath away, then gave it back- leaving me astounded, amazed, and most of all, alive."   

What Sarah Dessen book should I read next, any ideas?

17 comments:

  1. I loved Wes!
    The Truth about Forever was such a good book. I've read Lock and Key as well, and that was really good!!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes! It's like we are on the same book wave length. I have been meaning to read Sarah Dessen. Now I have your approval I will defiantly read this one, not to mention the book boyfriend *swoon*
    Speaking of I just finished Anna and the French Kiss and LOVED it!
    I am still waiting on pesky Raw Blue it has been dispatched so ANY day now and I can send your parcel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Wes. This post makes me want to reread a Sarah Dessen book. I don't know which other books of hers you have but This Lullaby is pretty good, too. Same with Just Listen. After those I'll say Along for the Ride.

    Nathan from Lock and Key. (sigh) USWIM.

    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay i'm reallyyy liking the sound of Wes and those quotes. I've only read two of Sarah Dessens books and liked 'Just Listen' the best, so i would suggest giving that one a go :)
    great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Truth about Forever is amazing, but I never loved Wes the way I loved Dexter from This Lullaby, he's my fave Dessen boy :) Owen from Just Listen is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, this Lullaby and Just Listen will be next to read. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Sarah Dessen! If you have This Lullaby, read that one next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No need to feel bad. I've only read one Sarah Dessen novel. I need to get a clue, eh?

    And OH MY SWOON! Who is that boy? Yummy. I'm in love with Wes already. That first scene is funny. Thanks for sharing those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read this author yet, but thanks for putting her on my radar! And thanks for sharing! Great quotes!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for Just Listen or Lock and Key. Both were amazing books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I literally just bought The Truth About Forever this morning. I cannot wait to start it! It will most likely feature in a future Book Boyfriend post. My first Dessen book too :)

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of these books! But imagining this guy in any book would be reason enough to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I need to read a Dessen book! Pronto! :)

    Great choice for eye candy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drooling over that picture - a little scruff and messy hair. Winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never read any Dessen - terrible, I know! I need to fix that asap. That guy is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Wes sounds great! I'm planning on reading all of Sarah's books but really don't know where to start!! Should I just buy the whole lot and pick with my eyes closed? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have The Truth About Forever in my reading stack but if this is what Wes looks like than I need to move it to the top :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.