Wednesday, 17 August 2011

My book boyfriend #14


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie over at The Unread Reader and has now pretty much taken over my Wednesday's. Every Wednesday I drool over a fictional male character and rack my brains to think of what yummy person I will use in pictures to make everyone else drool too.

After reading Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready in quick succession last week I decided to add the very hot Scot Zachary into my legion of book boyfriends, this obviously has the added bonus of allowing me to post pictures of hotties in kilts. As a fellow Glaswegian I absolutely adored Zach he really made me laugh and kudos to Jeri Smith- Ready for getting her Glasgow patter (the dialect often spoken in Glasgow) completely right.



"Where's your kilt?" I asked him.
Zachary looked over my head, and I got the feeling he was trying not to roll his eyes. Then he moved closer, put his hand on the back of the bench near my shoulder, and leaned deep inside my personal space.
"How about this," he said in a low voice, "you don't ask me about haggis and bagpipes, and I won't ask you about garlic and Goodfellas."
Megan laughed out loud. My fingers tightened on the edge of the bench to keep from hitting him. Not that he didn't have a point.
"Okay, no stereotypes," I said, "Deal."
"So do you have a kilt?" Megan asked him. When I glared at her, she said, "What? He only said you couldn't ask" She looked at him. "So do you?"
Straightening up, Zachary rubbed the back of his neck and smirked. "I might, I might."
God, he was gorgeous. And Scottish. But maybe kind of an ass.


He put his hands on my waist. "Do you trust me?"
"I trust you,"
His eyes searched mine, then his lips parted, as if he wanted to say-or ask- something terribly important.
"I love you," I added, in case he wondered.
He sighed, then pulled me close, skin to skin. "Then go all the way with me."
"What? Wait-"
"Under the water." The corner of his mouth twitched up. "What did you think I meant?"
I laughed, then wrapped my arms around him, pressed my lips together, and squeezed my eyes shut to keep my contacts in.
"Hold on," he said. "And remember, don't drink it."
He took us down, and the water washed over my scalp in the coldest wave of all. I shuddered, but he just held me tighter.
With the rest of the world's sounds blotted out, the river seemed to be whispering to me, its million-year-old secrets. As my hair floated up, I felt weightless and free. I wished I never had to breathe air again.

I particularly like the second picture with the little hint of butt check. Gorgeous.

14 comments:

  1. Hmm.... lovely images to wake up to. :D Thanks for making my day start good (and for making me realize that I really need to read Shift now. :D

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zach (and his accent)! I finished Shift a week or two ago and cannot wait until Shine is released so we get more of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, a kilt has never sounded (or looked) so good. Love a guy with an accent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really great images. I have not heard of these books before but you made wanting them very easy.
    I must now increase my book TBR list.

    I love the look of those modern day kilts. Very sexy indeed.

    MichelleKCanada @AnotherLookBook
    http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, guy in a kilt. What it is about that look being so hot?! Another book I just finished had the lead guy in a kilt too and it just worked! Or he worked...it :)

    Gorgeous, Scottish and kind of an ass = SOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Em. Gee. My heart is racing over here.

    So this is what the Team Kilt crazy was all about! I can't wait to check out that accent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes...I'm loving the kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *fans self8 I love a man in a Kilt. My favorite kilt wearer is one Ewen McGregor!

    I love the one with the slight butt-crack you posted.

    Sounds like a good book!

    Kristin

    Check out mine if you get a chance!

    http://happilyeverafter-reads.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-8-clayton-danvers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *fans* self :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh easy access!

    Did I just write that? lol

    Oh love the butt cheek too. Guess it isn't just an ass but has a nice... uh, nevermind!

    Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooooo! What's under the kilt?! #TeamKilt I miss the YA Crush Tourney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh this book is now on my wish list.
    i loveee those quotes
    great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though I love Logan more I appreciate Zachhary's hottness. And I must say that last picture is very nice LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya know, I really haven't been interested in reading these books but now I just may have to! Thanks so much for sharing!*wipes droll off*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.