Wednesday, 24 August 2011

My book boyfriend #15


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie over at The Unread Reader and has now pretty much taken over my Wednesday's. Every Wednesday I drool over a fictional male character and rack my brains to think of what yummy person I will use in pictures to make everyone else drool too.


This week's book boyfriend is Brody Brown the gorgeous tattooed biker in the very steamy Coming Undone by Lauren Dane. He rides a Harley, owns a tattoo shop and gave up a promising career in art to bring up his younger brother and sister.
He's rough around the edges and is protective of those he loves, the chemistry between Brody and ex ballet dancer Elise (who has a troubled past) is sizzling hot and he adores her young daughter Rennie.



He was... Well, there wasn't amy other man she could compare him to really. His hair was close-cropped but tousled. If it had been longer she'd have bet he'd have had thick curls. Dark as night. The neatly trimmed goatee and moustache worked for him, framed a mouth she was quite convinced would deliver some devastating goodness...

So alluring, this man. His voice, oh good Lord, his voice was like suede. Deep and rough/soft. Up close, he was... a bit overwhelming. More than handsome- he was too hard-edged to be handsome- he was compelling, magnetic.


When he pulled up his shirt, her mouth had actually watered. He had tattoos on his side and belly. His very flat and hard belly. What she could see there and on his wrist looked well thought out. Not a bunch of random stuff. What she saw seemed to have a Far Eastern influence. She wondered what he looked like under the clothes, under all of them. And not just for the tattoos either. He emanated power as he moved. Even when he stood still, the power rolled off him in waves of magnetism.



He'd do anything for her; he needed her to understand it, needed everyone to understand it. He couldn't wait until this dammed stuff was over with, so they could move forward. He wanted to tell her he loved her, he wanted to sleep at her side every night. He wanted all this external stuff stowed away so he could spend the rest of his days loving Elise and Rennie.



Thanks to Marco Dapper for being my Brody
all rough and sweaty after changing that tyre in the desert.
What a guy, gorgeous and good with his hands *ahem*

16 comments:

  1. *swoon* This book is definitely going on my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gulps*

    Umm.. I'm telling you right now, I will be visiting this post again in the morning. Brody is my new favorite eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, you sure know how to pick 'em! i love seeing who you come up with next! Thanks for sharing! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hellloooo Brody! Om nom. This is amazing. I haven't read this book yet, but I may just add it to my ever growing TBR list. Nice pick this week :)
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book, but wow, great pictures to go with the quotes you selected! I need to add this book to my pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent heard of this book but oh the quotes and pictures are making me want to read this.
    What is so irrestible about a man who rides a motorcycle? i just love it.
    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely adding this to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This morning, I purposely slashed my tires in hopes that Brody would come and change my flat for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brody, that is an impressive set of moobs! Seriously, I think ALL FOUR of my tires are flat. Won't you come help a girl out? It's really REALLY hot here though, in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, so no shirt necessary. I'll see you soon. Why is it that tattoos are so sexy...especially on a bicep?! *melts* Geesh, I just want to lick my computer screen. I MUST read this book!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  10. *wipes drool*

    Yikes, what a hottie to start of the morning. The last quote is amazing, so heartfelt and pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Hotness! I haven't read this book yet, but I love me some tattooed bikers. I...um....am pretty much about to set up a shrine for Marco Dapper's body..just saying... :) I LOVE seeing all the Book boyfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you all love my book boyfriend, but let's get this clear he's MINE ladies so paws off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hot hot hot! Both the character and... is that a model or an actor? I've never seen him before but my eyes thank you for introducing us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Brody sounds delicious! And I love that last picture. I think I need to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe Missie I think you LIKE my book boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.