Tuesday, 30 August 2011

My book boyfriend #16


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie over at The Unread Reader and will be on a Tuesday for the next couple of weeks whilst we participate in Waterfall Wednesday read-along. So for now, on a Tuesday I will be drooling over a fictional male character and racking my brains to think of what yummy person I will use in pictures to make everyone else drool too.

This week's book boyfriend is Josh from Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern. I just finished this book on Saturday and absolutely loved it my review is here.

Best friends Lillian and Josh have just finished high school and end up on a road trip to track down their sort of friend Penny who has faked her own kidnapping to escape her abusive boyfriend and QVC addicted mum.
Lillian and Josh are BFF but Lillian has secretly been in love with Josh for years. They are completely on the same wavelength sense of humour wise and their wacky pit stops on their road trip made me laugh and I *le sighed* quite a bit at slacker musician Josh who is both hilarious and hot.


Josh hangs upside down from the monkey bars, shirt-less (as is his summer look), his self-cut, shoulder-length brown hair dangling below him. I try not to ogle, but, damn, he looks amazing without a shirt. How do guys get to look so good without exercising or eating well at all? He's skinny, but not too skinny, and all nice and defined. I exhale a platonic sigh.







I walk up to him and run my fingers over the brown stubble on his cheeks. My red hair looks foreign in the reflection of his sunglasses.
"Hey," I breathe.
"Hey." I see his eyebrow cock in question.

I lean forward and gently brought his lips with mine. "What...?" he begins to say, and I kiss him again, more pressure, more urgent. He kisses back. I'm surprised and elated and melting into him. His hand is on my shoulder, my back, and mine is on his, his bare skin, taut and sticky from the heat. We kiss, a kiss I've dreamed about for years, even while kissing other guys. While he was with other girls. A kiss worth waiting for. Then Josh pulls away.





Josh watches me with a smirk. "What?" I demand, mouth full of food.
"You look pretty sexy eating that hot dog." Josh grins.
"Perv," I say.

"Especially with that mustard all over your chin." Josh laughs and wipes it off with the side of his hand.
"You know," Josh leans over and whispers in my ear, "I think we're mandated by the state of Oregon to make out during a laser light show."
I consider this. "Have you been studying state constitutions again?"
Josh nods in a little-kiddish way. The lights dim, the music blares, and for the next half hour, Josh and I are the only people in the world.






"Don't you want to?" His whisper is defensive.

"Of course," I whisper back. "I mean, I did. I do. I don't know."

He flips over onto his stomach, his face towards me. "What would this mean?" I need to know. In the past, in high school when we were together every day, I always pictured us as boyfriend and girlfriend, cutest-couple-yearbook material. "It doesn't have to mean anything. Or it could mean something, if you want to." He strokes the strands of hair that hang around my face, his guitar-rough fingertips brushing my cheek.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"I want right now," he whispers, and props himself up on his arm.
"I want right now, too," I decide. Josh kisses me, and I let him. And I kiss him back, and he lets me. Together. Here. Now.

Well helllooooo Parker Gregory! He makes a perfect Josh
and appears to be quite content to be sans shirt.
 If you haven't read Don't Stop Now I would "add it to cart" immediately
 it's both adorably funny and romantic I loved it.

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome Book Boyfriend! I am in love with him and I haven't even read the book yet....YET!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This Josh sounds incredible. I want him! I may have to add this book to my TBR pile. Nice pick Lesley!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I hadn't heard of this book but I really want to read it now! They sound like an adorable couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG! So this is an older YA book! How had I not heard of it before? Now I'm dying to read it. Josh... his humor and freaking sexy body.... I need to know this guy! Love those quotes. Every single one of them made me melt.

    And Parker... *dies*!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! And "older" YA book? I'm not big ion YA, but I might just have to give this one a shot! Josh sounds amazing!

    And good lord! Where has Parker Gregory been all my life!??

    Check out my book boyfriend if you get a chance!

    http://happilyeverafter-reads.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-9-ewen-mccabe.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uuuum I MUST read this immediately if he looks like this!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your description of the book makes me really, really want to read this one!

    I'll be looking at monkey bars in a different way now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. HELLO Parker, I'm Jen...want to make out?! I think that last pic was my favorite...although, I feel like he is going to do dirty things in the snow. I wonder if I can do dirty things with him?! This book sounds so good, I will have to check it out!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.