Saturday, 6 August 2011

On my wishlist


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme started over at Book Chick City. I list the books that I really want to buy or borrow, they can be older books, just released or not even out yet books and then I drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to my already enormous TBR list.

I've been reading some really amazing Australian YA recently so my wishlist this week is some other fantastic Australian YA that has been recommended to me by fellow bloggers. (All titles are linked to Goodreads- makes it easier to add them to your wishlist too)

A Little Wanting Song
Cath Crowley
Publication date: 8th June 2010

CHARLIE DUSKIN loves music, and she knows she's good at it. But she only sings when she's alone, on the moonlit porch or in the back room at Old Gus's Secondhand Record and CD Store. Charlie's mom and grandmother have both died, and this summer she's visiting her grandpa in the country, surrounded by ghosts and grieving family, and serving burgers to the local kids at the milk bar. She's got her iPod, her guitar, and all her recording equipment, but she wants more: A friend. A dad who notices her. The chance to show Dave Robbie that she's not entirely unspectacular.
ROSE BUTLER lives next door to Charlie's grandfather and spends her days watching cars pass on the freeway and hanging out with her troublemaker boyfriend. She loves Luke but can't wait to leave their small country town. And she's figured out a way: she's won a scholarship to a science school in the city, and now she has to convince her parents to let her go. This is where Charlie comes in. Charlie, who lives in the city, and whom Rose has ignored for years. Charlie, who just might be Rose's ticket out.



Good Oil
Lauren Buzo
Publication date: August 2010
'Miss Amelia Hayes, welcome to The Land of Dreams. I am the staff trainer. I will call you grasshopper and you will call me sensei and I will give you the good oil. Right? And just so you know, I'm open to all kinds of bribery.'
From the moment 15-year-old Amelia begins work on the checkout at Woolworths she is sunk, gone, lost...head-over-heels in love with Chris. Chris is the funny, charming, man-about-Woolies, but he's 21, and the 6-year difference in their ages may as well be 100. Chris and Amelia talk about everything from Second Wave Feminism to Great Expectations and Alien but will he ever look at her in the way she wants him to? And if he does, will it be everything she hopes?



Pink
Lili Wilkinson
Publication date: 8th Feb 2011
Ava has a secret. She is tired of her ultracool attitude, ultra-radical politics, and ultrablack clothing. She's ready to try something new—she's even ready to be someone new. Someone who fits in, someone with a gorgeous boyfriend, someone who wears pink.
Transferring to Billy Hughes School for Academic Excellence is the perfect chance to try on a new identity. But just in case things don't work out, Ava is hiding her new interests from her parents, and especially from her old girlfriend.
Secrets have a way of being hard to keep, though, and Ava finds that changing herself is more complicated than changing her wardrobe. Even getting involved in the school musical raises issues she never imagined. As she faces surprising choices and unforeseen consequences, Ava wonders if she will ever figure out who she really wants to be.

So what's on your wishlist this week?

13 comments:

  1. I've not heard of any of these books - geographical bias on behalf of the UK I think! But they all sound like good reads - get them and let me know if I should be reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of these. Pink sounds really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! Good Oil and A Little Wanting Song are some of my all time favourites. I hope you get to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your books this week! Pink sounds really good!

    View my On My Wishlist HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all Aussie title aren't they??? Ever since Missies's Go Aussie Book Tour's I keep NY eye out for Aussie title for her!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Little Wanting Song is on my wishlist as well. I keep hearing the most amazing things about it and its author. Oh, and I've read Pink- it's such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of these before, but I like the sound of Pink. Going on to my to-read pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of Pink but wow what a cover, definitely going to add it to my list.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'd say I have to add all of these. Not heard of one, but I really like the sound of them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink is at the top of my wishlist! I cannot wait to get hold of that one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This week I'm revisiting authors I enjoyed when I first started blogging about books. Please come see which book I'm featuring from my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting Pink for a while too. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.