Saturday, 20 August 2011

On my wishlist


On my wish list is a fun little weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. These are the books that I really want to buy or borrow, and then I drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to my already enormous TBR list.


Bloodsong
(Lharmell #1)
Rhiannon Hart
Random House Australia
Publication date: 1st September 2011



I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me.

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.
Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.
Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?

I really like the sound of this, but it isn't available in the UK any time soon. I am so annoyed that great Aussie YA isn't readily available in the UK. I need to start a campaign!

Debbie Viguie
Faithwords
Publication date: 3rd November 2011



Centuries ago, Raphael was a blasphemous knight who fought in the Crusades purely for his own mercenary benefit, and to satisfy his taste for killing. Now, condemned for his evil passions and hypocrisy, he wanders the earth a vampire, cursed with first-hand knowledge of the supernatural world he once denied existed. The powerful relic he still possesses from his days as a Crusader has been stolen by a rival vampire who has recruited an army of soulless underlings to aid him in spreading evil. At the time he learns this, Raphael has been hunting this vampire for nearly a century, and it seems the final battle is destined to take place in Prague.
For help in this quest, Raphael must enlist the aid of two humans, David and Susan, who suddenly find themselves immersed in a world they never imagined, entangled with supernatural forces they can't control. Susan, in particular, finds herself conflicted as she struggles with her inexplicable attraction to Raphael. In the end, both Susan and Raphael will be called upon to exercise courage and faith, and in the process, the question What would happen if a vampire truly accepted God? is answered.

This sounds EPIC! The guy on the cover reminds me a bit of Johnny Depp... 

What's on your wishlist this week?

17 comments:

  1. Blood Song is amazing! I reviewed it HERE, if you haven't already seen ;) You can buy it from HERE if you want. They ship internationally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley:)
    Love ur picks! Is Kiss Of Night part of Debbie Viguie's Crusade series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Blood Song and it was really good! I am hoping it will get picked up internationally ~crosses fingers and toes~. If not I might have to send a copy on tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blood Song sounds great. I hope it won't only be available in Australia.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to check out Bloodsong. It sounds good. Maybe Book Depository has it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sound really good!! Great picks =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover for Blood Song! I almost added it to my wishlist this week :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Bloodsong in my TBR list, and Kiss of Night sounds pretty cool :D
    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices.

    Blood Song sounds amazing and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, messed up my link. One more time...

    Blood Song looks so good, I had to go look and see what Fish Pond would charge for the book and to ship to the US lol (it comes out to about $35)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, there! I've been following for a while now!

    These are both AWESOME picks!! I've heard of them before, but merely in passing. Now that I know what these books are about, I want them NOW. Lol. Well, they're going straight into my TBR pile!!

    Thanks for the recommendations!! : )

    Here's my OMW post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This week's wish is inspired by a book I finished while in the mountains. Please come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if is just me, but when a saw the cover of Kiss of Night I though it was Johnny Depp, rsrs.
    Loved your book choices.
    And you now have a new follower.
    Visit my: http://readingandall.blogspot.com/2011/08/na-minha-listinha-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. kiss of Night look awesome!! And he does have a depp-esque look to him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think he looks like Depp too! And just to let people know, Kiss of Night is not connected to my Crusade series. It's the start of a brand new series.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.