Monday, 15 August 2011

Review- Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

Blood Bound (Unbound #1)
Rachel Vincent
Mira
Publication date: 1st September 2011
My rating: 5 out of 5

By blood, by word, by magic...
Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special— a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood.
Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one.
But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her.
Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Liv is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner…every touch…every kiss.
And more blood will be spilled before it's over…

Firstly, a huge thanks to Melanie from the Goodreads group UK Swop shop who kindly let me borrow the ARC of Blood Bound that she won, I am now forever in your debt Mel and owe you my first born child (don't worry she's already house trained).

Hold on to your hats people Blood Bound is a completely exhilarating and amazing start to the new series by Rachel Vincent. (I adored her Shifters series, I'm team Marc all the way).

I loved the gritty new world and characters Vincent has created. Liz is one of the "skilled" she can track a persons whereabouts from a tiny sample of their blood and her ex Cam (who was completely swoon worthy, may I add) can trace a person by part of their name, talents that come in very handy. With rival criminal syndicates dividing the city their followers are bound to their syndicates and are compelled to follow orders.

A childhood friend of Liz's uses an oath they made as kids to compel Liz to find her missing daughter despite the huge amount of danger involved to Liz. To make matters worse Liz is forced to work with her ex Cam (can I add again how swoon worthy he was??) Liz walked out on Cam six years ago without giving him a reason and six years later neither of them have fully moved on. The chemistry between Liz and Cam was sizzling hot but their lives have changed dramatically over the last few years and they can't just pick up where they left off.

Blood Bound has the most fantastically breathtaking twists and turns which kept me glued to the page. I loved how Liz and Cam's story unfolded alongside the dangerous race to locate the missing child. The ending (obviously I don't want to spoil it for you) but suffice to say, was an epic cliffhanger and I now literally cannot wait to read the next installment. 

7 comments:

  1. Another book I was already despertate to read and now I'm just shy of demanding my copy from amazon today! So excited about this series and knowing you love means I will as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo need to read this! I still haven't read anything by Rachel Vincent! And everyone says she's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! I love Rachel Vincent's books anyway (what I've read of them so far), but this sounds so different and dark and gritty. Great review- I can't wait to get my hands on this. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey :) New follower :)
    I really enjoyed Shade, Shift not as much but you can't ignore a hot Scotsman, lol. Enjoy you're reading this week before going back to work. You can check my post out HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! I love a book full of twist and turns. Great review. Adding to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing!! I want it so much!! Thanks for the review =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.