Thursday, 18 August 2011

Review- Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Supernaturally
Paranormalcy #2
Kiersten White
Harper Teen
Publication date: 16th July
My rating: 2.5 out of 5


Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.

I struggled to get into Supernaturally, which was really disappointing as I really enjoyed Paranormalcy. It was very slow to begin with and I felt as though I was persevering  with it rather than reading because I was enjoying it. I couldn't really figure out whilst reading why it wasn't really grabbing me, as the writing is really good and there were plenty of moments that made me giggle. It wasn't until I had finished and thought about that I realised I missed Lend, I bleeping like him and his mum! but he was hardly in it, even Reth was only in it fleetingly. It picked up about two thirds of the way through and I figured out who the bad guy was pretty easily. I don't think I will be racing to read the final installment if I'm honest.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. This one was a trudge uphill, whereas the first book was a total delight.
    What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read Paramormalcy!! Everyone loved it, but I'm a little put off by some reviews of Supernaturally!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. no Lend?!? That seriously puts me off! how the crap does the story progress? Glad you warned me about this. I may one day finish the series, but seriously so glad I didn't buy it recently like I had planned to. Good review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.