Saturday, 17 September 2011

In my mailbox #23


In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren it lets book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week.

I bought

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan
(This looks really dark, and it's a proper proper hardback)
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake
(I had pre-ordered this ages ago and promply forgot so it was a nice surprise when it arrived)
Stay With Me by Paul Griffin
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
(I've been desperate to read this as I loved Saving Francesca and The Piper's Son)


For review

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
(This was a nice surprise when it arrived)


Random Act of Kindness

Last Chance by Sarah Dessen
(the rather amazing Emma at Belle Books sent me this as a RAK-
I've just discovered Sarah Dessen so I am so pleased
I have another one to get my teeth into.
Thank you so much Emma)

Swops

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
(I had tried to get a review copy of this but got a giant knock back
so I was mega excited to get this as a swop on Read It Swop It)


Coming up this week-


On Monday Rae Carson author of The Girl of Fire and Thorns will be dropping in to tell us about her top 3 favourite scenes to write in the book and why. I will also be giving away a copy to one lucky winner.

On Tuesday I will have another drool worthy book boyfriend and some tasteful but yummy pictures of some celebrity/model with their shirt off to go with it.

On Wednesday I will be joining in with Waterfall Wednesday Read- Along where there will be more drooling over Marcello as usual and I will probably use the word "mayhap" at least once.

On Thursday I will have my long overdue review of the totally AMAZING Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley up on the blog. Why it's taken me so long to post my review I have no freakin idea.

On Saturday I will be swooning over the book on my wishlist and agonising about why Aussie YA isn't readily available in the UK. (AGAIN)

Hope you all have a great Sunday, I can't wait to see what was in everyone's mailboxes this week, leave me a link and I will come and say hi.

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome week. Enjoy the books. I really hope you enjoy them. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour, Books of Love. I got a lot of books this week,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to start Jellicoe Road, but the beginning really confused me so I put it aside. I need to give it another try soon,because ppl just LOVE this book!

    I also want to read The Name of the Star soon.

    You've got a bunch of great books. Hope you enjoy them all!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so many yummy books. Will you miss them if I happen to pick up a copy of The Name of the Star and Anna Dressed in Blood...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read TNOTS SO bad!!!! Great mailbox mine is up as well!

    http://moiraethefatesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-40-and-contest-reminder.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books! I hope you enjoy Glow i loved it!! Your cover is a bit different then mine but that's okay i love your cover a lot more!!! Check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-vlog-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAb IMM

    I cant wait for The Name of Star, I preordered a Sign copy from Waterstones so cant wait

    Totally Bookalicious IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Glow to, not ashamed I did a little dance which earned a funny look from my husband!
    My imm will be up tomorrow, have a great rest of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the Jellicoe Road was amazing, I was confused and then I was amazed =o Melina ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all good books. I have them all on my to be read list, but great imm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay with me is on my wishlist, mostly 'cause I loved the cover, then the summary.

    Psique @ Book Travels

    ReplyDelete
  11. UK cover for The name of the Star is so much more interesting than US. I do covet that book :) Great IMM. I've got Anna too, don't know when I'll manage to read it though I've got such a backlog ;) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the books these week! I cant wait to read Name of the Star!! The cover for UK is really pretty!!!! Also, Glow cover is super sweet!!! Enjoy!!!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great books this week! :) I'll definitely need to get a copy of Every You, Every Me as well and I just won Anna Dressed in Blood - can't wait to get that and read it. And I hope you'll enjoy The Name of the Star, because I really liked it! :)

    Have a lovely week,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books as always Lesley!! =)
    Can't wait for your reviews on these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great books, I just finished The Name of the Star and its great, I hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh so jealous you got Glow, I'm hoping I get it next week in the mail. My fingers are crossed.

    Enjoy Lesley!
    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. i loved anna dressed in blood. it was so good!! awesome IMM this week--enjoy all your books. :)

    hope you can stop by our IMM too.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, so many amazing books, I wouldn't even know where to start reading them. I have a lot of them on my wishlist, so I'll be looking forward to your reviews so I know if I need to rush and pick them up for myself lol Enjoy them all!

    P.S. Love the banner for your blog. If I could have a library like that in my house I would never leave! New Follower!

    Here's my IMM

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  19. We rock so hard!!!

    I NEED Anna Dressed in Blood!!!
    Check out my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful Mailbox! I loved Anna Dressed in blood..

    My IMM, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gasp! Jellicoe Road! I seriously need this book. I have nearly finished the Pipers Son. OMG! How much do I love Marchetta! And I have you to thank for showing me the light! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many of my favourites! I love Jellicoe Road. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.