Sunday, 25 September 2011

In my mailbox #24


In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren


I bought a few books this week most of which were books I had pre-ordered (I am the queen of pre-ordering) I am loving Fishpond.world which allows me to feed my Aussie YA habit. The only problem is when they deliver they put a big giant sticker on it saying its a book and it has the cost of the book on it eeekkkkkk. I therefore have to ensure my husband doesn't see the sticker as I may have led him to believe all books ordered online only cost about £2 *snigger* In hindsight I really wished I had picked a more realistic fabricated price. Oh well never mind. 




Fury by Shirley Marr
(Just finished this, it's very dark I loved it)
Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart
(This isn't available in the UK so I am mega excited to read it)
All These I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
(I read a couple of good reviews and decided it sounded right up my street)
Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst
(Bought after seeing Missie @ The Unread reader's book boyfriend post)
Kiss of Night by Debbie Viguie
(I ordered this ages ago- a knight who is now a vampire squeee)
The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
(I HEART this series- hilarious and hot shapeshifting dragons what more does a girl need? )


From Net galley


I was just about to order Blood Rights when I saw it on Net Galley. Win!

I was thinking of trying to do a vlog IMM but I lack the technical wizardry to make it happen so I'm still thinking about it, plus I'm worried no one will understand my Glaswegian accent.
 I could just wave books in front of the camera so it might work out ok!

 What was in your mailbox this week

17 comments:

  1. I really like the cover for Blood Rights. I'll have to check that book out. I really want to read All These Things I've Done, hopefully I will get myself a copy soon. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for Kiss of Night. I didn't realize it was about a knight who is a vampire. I might have to get over my vampire avoidance soon and read it, I love knights. Drink, Slay, Love also looks very good! Happy reading. :) My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious IMM as usual, Lesley! :) Gabrielle Zevin, Fury and Blood Song are high up on my wishlist. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome week Lesley. I've got Drink, Slay, Love on order too :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiss of Night looks great - that's been on my wishlist for a while. I've been thinking about Drink, Slay Love after Missie's review as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I have to go look those up! They look good. Hope you enjoy them all. :)

    Here's what I got if you'd like to take a look. It's not a lot:

    http://j-rabbits-corner.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for All These Things I've Done, it looks AMAZING :D Drink, Slay, Love looks pretty good too :) Happy reading Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, man...I'd never heard of Fishpond World until now. I'm going to be in so much trouble, because I am such a huge fan of AUS book covers! I've really been wanting to read Fury, too! It does sound like a really dark story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh some books I've heard so great thing about. I would be very curious about your review for Blood rights and drink slay love

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm dying to read drink slay love. the cover is great too. awesome books--enjoy!! :D

    hope you can stop by our IMM.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow it's not often I see Fury by Shirley Marr! I've got that one on order from Fishpond. Been waiting for over 3 weeks :( Hope you like it.

    GIselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaways for some ARCs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh, great mailbox! I really need to get a copy of Drink, Slay, Love... I never got to finish it. :) Enjoy all your new reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to read Drink Slay Love, that one looks so good! I just finished Blood Rights not too long ago and loved it, can't wait to see what you think of it! It's got a stunning cover too, that's always a bonus for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got some fantastic books this week. Thanks for the tip about fishpondworld (I've been having trouble finding Froi of the Exiles).
    I wanted to read Drink Slay Love after reading Missie's post as well! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the Things I've Done has been on my TBR list forever and now seeing all the bloggers who are getting it is making me jealous! I want it! lol. You will have to let me know how it is...great IMM this week.

    P.S. I want that bookshelf in your header!!


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing books! I love the sound of All These Things I've Done!
    I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh i really REALLY loved blood song <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.