Tuesday, 27 September 2011

My top 5 book boyfriends


My book boyfriend is hosted by the truly awesome 

This week I am presenting my Top 5 alpha male book boyfriends of all time. These guys are genuinely my favourite alpha male characters EVER, I have folded down the pages of many of their key scenes  for ease of reference *ahem* and I can often be found day dreaming about them when I should be paying attention in work.  

So, in reverse order (cos that's what they do in all the important award ceremonies and this is clearly a very important award ceremony) 

In fifth place- Brody from Lauren Dane's Never Enough




When he pulled up his shirt, her mouth had actually watered. He had tattoos on his side and belly. His very flat and hard belly. What she could see there and on his wrist looked well thought out. Not a bunch of random stuff. What she saw seemed to have a Far Eastern influence. She wondered what he looked like under the clothes, under all of them. And not just for the tattoos either. He emanated power as he moved. Even when he stood still, the power rolled off him in waves of magnetism.


In fourth place- Ash from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron



He led her hand to his face so that she was touching his cheek as he stared at her. His eyes and the pain in them burned her soul deep. "Because I don't feel broken when you look at me."
Those words brought tears to her eyes. "How could you feel broken?"
He rubbed his face against her palm and when he spoke, his breath scorched her skin. But it was his words that branded her heart. "I was shattered as a child and thrown away, like a piece of trash no one wanted. But you don't treat me like that. You see in me the human bit and you touch that part of me. You make me feel whole and wanted."


In third place- Zsadist from J.R. Ward's Lover Awakened



"Her lips came down on his and he kissed her back even though he couldn't list his arms to hold her now. God, how he loved kissing her. He loved feeling his mouth against his, loved having her right up close all in his face, loved her breath in his lungs, loved...her? Was that what had happened in the night? Had he fallen?"

In second place- Curran from Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels series



"He leaned his head to me, his neck so close to my lips,I felt the heat coming of his skin. His breath was warm against my ear. His voice was a ragged snarl. "I miss you" This wasn't happening. "I worry about you" He dipped his head and looked into my eyes. "I worry something stupid will happen and I won't be there and you'll be gone. I worry we won't ever get a chance and it's driving me out of my skull.
We stared at each other. The tiny space between us felt too hot. Muscles bulged on his naked frame. He looked feral.
Mad gold eyes stared into mine. "Do you miss me, Kate?"
I closed my eyes, trying to shut him out. I could lie and then we'd be back to square one. Nothing would be resolved. I'd still be alone, hating him and wanting him.
He grabbed my shoulders and shook me once. "Do you miss me?"
I took the plunge, "Yes."

My Number 1 book boyfriend of all time is...

Mr Alpha Male himself, it could be no other 
Barrons from Karen Marie Moning's truly A-MAZING Fever series


"Barrons was powerful, broodingly good-looking, insanely wealthy, frighteningly intelligent, and had exquiste taste, not to mention a hard body that emited some kind of constant low-level charge. Bottom line: He was the stuff of heroes. And psychotic killers"




"He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac" he says. "And I'm Jericho." And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?" I do. Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me."

So would any of these gorgeous Alpha males be in your top 5 book boyfriends?

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo, 5 hot guys for the price of 1. I am seriously loving the quote for Zsadist. Although I do have a thing for Wentworth so maybe I'm just being biased :)

    Here's my My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take all 5! :)) Very impressed with Curran, he looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books so I feel like I'm definitely missing out! My eyes thank you for the tasty man candy though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMFG!

    Lesley! It is too early in the AM over here for a heart attack!

    I love your top Five! I want to be on top of your top Five. *blushes*

    Opps...did I really just type that?

    AWESOME post. Love the scenes that you shared. So HAWT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...its so hard to pick. I love Zsadist, Ash, and Barrons so I'll take all three please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT THEM ALL!!! I already have Barrons and David Gandy is my TOP Barrons :D awesome 5 men candy this week.
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...can have all them on loan for a while please? Just a short while...I'll give them all back - I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Ladies they are all MINE. And no Missie you cannot be on top of my top five. Behave. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a teenager, most of my book boyfriends are YA, but Acheron is on my list, too! (Maybe tied with Nick from the same series.) I haven't read any books with the other, but I keep hearing wonderful things about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...well this is awkward! Im guessing Barrons hasn't told you about "us"?

    OMG!! I did the happy swivel seat dance when I saw your top 5! And Allo-Allo!! Curran? and Barrons? Oh yeah!! Not only are they my favourite leading Alpha's, but they are apart of my all time favourite series.

    I can't wait to meet the rest (Especially Z) I can't believe I still havent read BDB - for shame!

    LOOOOVVVEEEEE the quoates! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome post. love the idea of a top 5 countdown. great quotes, too.

    @Lan - oh, I am definitely biased, myself. I spotted Wenty and lost all sight for the other guys.

    Here's PiF's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh.. I've not read any of the books but seeing all that eye candy and reading the quotes makes me very curious! Fab post.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.