Saturday, 24 September 2011

On my wishlist/ new covers alert


On my wish list is hosted by Book Chick City

I noticed a couple of A-MAZING covers this week from four of my all time favourite authors, all are the next installment in series that I heart BIG TIME, the kind I have pre-ordered months in advance, count down the days anxiously until their respective releases and stalkerishly check The Book Depository and Amazon to check if they have been dispatched on an hourly basis (I think you know what I mean).


Sacrificial Magic
Downside Ghosts #4
Stacia Kane
Expected publication: 27th March 2012

When Chess Putnam is ordered by an infamous crime boss—who also happens to be her drug dealer—to use her powers as a witch to solve a grisly murder involving dark magic, she knows she must rise to the challenge. Adding to the intensity: Chess’s boyfriend, Terrible, doesn’t trust her, and Lex, the son of a rival crime lord, is trying to reignite the sparks between him and Chess.

Plus there’s the little matter of Chess’s real job as a ghost hunter for the Church of Real Truth, investigating reports of a haunting at a school in the heart of Downside. Someone seems to be taking a crash course in summoning the dead—and if Chess doesn’t watch her back, she may soon be joining their ranks.

As Chess is drawn into a shadowy world of twisted secrets and dark violence, it soon becomes clear that she’s not going to emerge from its depths without making the ultimate sacrifice.

I may have mentioned the odd 47 times that the Downside Ghosts series is one of my all time favourites, I may also have had Terrible as a book boyfriend and explained how I actually have "Terrible Fever." Anyway, I instantly loved the cover (so what if I'm biased??) it's exactly how I have pictured Chess is my head. I am literally beside myself with excitement for this book.



By A Thread
Elemental Assassin #6
Jennifer Estep
Expected publication: 28th Feb 2012

Gin Blanco never thought she’d need a vacation from being an assassin. But a few weeks ago, she killed Mab Monroe, her nemesis and the most powerful Fire elemental in Ashland. Now, all the city’s lowlifes are trying to make a name for themselves by taking out the Spider. So she heads south to a swanky beach town, along with her baby sister, Bria, for a weekend of fun in the sun. But when an old friend of Bria’s is threatened by a powerful vampire with deadly elemental magic, it looks like Gin will have to dig the silverstone knives out of her suitcase after all. But this time, her special powers might not be enough to prevent her from coming home in a pine box…

Love the cover. Love Gin. Love the whole series. Eeeeek this blurb has let out a giant spoiler for #5 which is due out on Tuesday but I don't even care just avert your eyes.



A Perfect Blood
The Hollows #10
Kim Harrison
Expected publication: 21st Feb 2012



Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth — a would-be creator is determined to make his (or her) own demons. But it can’t be done without Rachel’s blood.

As a bounty hunter, Rachel has battled vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more. But humanity itself might be her toughest challenge.


Trent and Rachel, Trent and Rachel, Trent and Rachel. The eternal romantic in me really wants Trent and Rachel to end up together. That kiss at the end of Pale Demon had my heart a fluttering.




Tangle of Need
Psy-Changeling #11
Nalini Singh
Expected publication: 29th May

No blurb as yet.
Not really loving this cover if I'm honest, he's supposed to be golden but he just looks like he needs a good bath. Dunno what the weird patterns are all about either. I will be buying it anyway of course.


Are any of these books on your wish list?

12 comments:

  1. I so need to read the Downside GHost series! The first two books are teasing me and now you are as well telling me a fourth book will be out soon! Almost ditto with the Jennider Estep series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to read them Mel they are right up your street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all of these books!!! I have Sacrificial Magic on my list this week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so great books ! I'm curently reading the first one of stacia kane ! I really like the Kim harrison series and I've just read the first one of Jennifer estep too. I do hope you will like them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first 3 books on your wishlist - I need to start those series. All look good. Hope you get to read all of these books soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sacrificial Magic looks like an interesting read! I haven't read any of these though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read ANY of these series' yet but there's a couple there that do tip my fancy. I love it when you get so dedicated about a series like that, it's a lot of fun!


    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, these books look so good! I still have to read the books before in the series, but love the covers. Great wishlist!

    My On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My featured wishlist book is off of a local high school's list. Please come see what I'm wishing for and how I'm doing at reading through my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great choices! I can't wait to read By a Thread! I also need to get on the Psy-Changeling books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so excited for the Elemental Assassin series! I just got the first book and can't wait to read it Great picks today! Hope you get to read them soon :D
    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am seeing Sacrificial Magic a lot this week! This must be a very popular urban fantasy series to have so many fans.

    Here are my wishes for the week:
    http://oneadayya.blogspot.com/2011/09/books-i-dont-have-waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.