Saturday, 17 September 2011

On my wishlist


On my wish list is hosted by Book Chick City. These are the books that I really want to buy the minute they come out, I then get a chance to drool over everyone else's wish lists and add even more books to my already enormous TBR list.


Hollow Pike
James Dawson
Orion
Publication date: 2nd Feb 2012




Lis London moves to Hollow Pike looking for a fresh start. She's intrigued by the town's sinister history of witchcraft, ritual and witchfinders. But when a fellow teen is murdered in the woods in what appears to be a ritual killing, Lis starts to wonder whether the witches are really history after all...Who is the mysterious figure caught on camera in the trees at the time of the murder? Could he be the killer? And do Lis's ominous nightmares of being murdered in the forest mean that she might be the next to die?


The cover for this really caught my eye when I saw it on Goodreads, not only do I love the whole creepy forest vibe but I also love a good witchey book so Hollow Pike has been added to my "I want to buy in 2012" list.


Also added to my "I want to buy in 2012" list this week is Insurgent by Veronica Roth and Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison. I absolutely LOVED Divergent so I can't wait for Insurgent which is due out in May 2012. I'm currently reading the second book in Thea Harrison's Elder Races series, it's such a fantastic series and kind of reminds me of a mixture of Nalini Singh and G.A Aiken so I'm really forward to that one too, it's due out on March 6th 2012. Roll on 2012!

18 comments:

  1. I've not seen the cover for Insurgent before, but it is so gorgeous! II really need to read Divergent before it comes out though...must read faster!

    PS - Can't wait for Rae Carson on Monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Hollow Pike! I am so hoping the ARC's come out really really early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed the Elder Races series and can't wait for ORACLE'S MOON to come out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Hollow Pike written down already,,it sounds like its gonna be real good,,
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the cover for Insurgent! I'm yet to read Divergent but I've heard nothing but amazing things so I really must get around to that series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover for Insurgent. Need to buy it as soon as it's released.
    But first i have to read Divergent. So many great books, so little time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Insurgent!! I love the cover; goes well with Divergent. I still need to read Storm's Heart but I want to read the entire series. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover for Insurgent is gorgeous! I need to read the first book in this series before getting this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read Divergent but the cover for insurgent looks awesome! Oracles moon I want badly too. I wander who's book it will be..

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Insurgent cover is stunning! And it will look VERY nice on my book shelf, I just loved Divergent!! How funny is it, I find myself wishing my life away due to pre empting book releases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh! I need Hollow Pike and Insurgent so, so bad! Almost as much as I need oxegen I swear! lol
    I hope we both get them soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Oooh I love the cover of Hollow Pike. It looks so mysterious. I so need to read Divergent!
    Amy's Wishlist

    Check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE the cover for Insurgent, and can't wait for it to come out so i can read it! great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT picks! I really want both Hollow Pike and Insurgent!!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read Insurgent, too! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books! I want Insurgent too! Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look good. My current wish is for a lovely children's book I cataloged during my internship. Please come see what it is and what other things I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the cover of Insurgent too. Is there a tree in the middle? I didn't notice it at first sight.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kero @Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.