Sunday, 4 September 2011

RAK thank you and In my mailbox #21


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren which aims to let book bloggers share what books they have bought, swapped or borrowed during the week.

I had the most amazing book week all due to my bestest blogging pal C.J Duggan who sent me 4 AMAZING books all the way from Australia as a Random Act of Kindness (RAK). Two of which are Aussie titles that I have been desperate to read and are not available in the UK. If that wasn't amazing enough C.J also sent me some chocolates which I promptly ate before remembering to take a picture. Chocolate never lasts long in my house. Thank you so much C.J, I am eternally grateful.


Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
(squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
(double squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
(I've been wanting to read this for ages)
Paper Towns by John Green
(love the cover I've never seen that version before)

For review

Dearly Departed by Lia Habel
(Naff UK cover but it sounds fantastic and has had some great reviews already)


I bought

Good Oil by Laura Buzo
(another Aussie title I have been desperate to get my hands on)

So that was my mailbox this week, what did you get in yours?
Leave me a link and I will drop by.

19 comments:

  1. Great books! And how sweet to get all those books for RAK!! So awesome!!! Happy reading!!!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-14-quicky-editon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome week Lesley. So sweet of your friend to send you all them awesome books. - Donna

    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab books - and fab friend to send so many books and chocolate! Dearly Departed is one I've been eyeing up so be curious to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like really lovely books! :) I hope you enjoy all of them. I'm especially looking forward to what you think of Dearly, Departed because this really seems like a great book.

    Have a lovely week,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection as usual!

    I'm super jealous of Dearly departed - I can't wait to read that one :)

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! Beauty Queens is A-mazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of Dearly Departed. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Beauty Queens and Dearly Departed are the ones I'm dying to read too! :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squuuueeeee...

    Wow to think they are sitting in Scotland now! So cool, you are most welcome hun, anytime! I think Raw Blue looks really awesome, and Paper Towns, and, and...who am I kidding they all rock!

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to give Dearly Departed a try! Great IMM and yay on your squeal-books! \o/

    Great week! My IMM can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Naff UK cover" does just about sum it up. My thoughts exactly, though not, perhaps, as articulately put.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  11. you got beauty queens!! love the cover and i heard great things about that book.

    great mailbox--enjoy all your books this week :)

    i hope you can stop by our IMM this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I wasn't a fan of Beauty Queens, but I really want to read Saving June! It sounds great.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive only heard good things about Raw Blue, it sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy this and your other books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books! I've got Beauty Queens on my list to read soon! I hope it's great. :) Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, that was really kind of CJ! And chocolate? No wonder you never got to take a picture of it. Chocolate never last for very long in my house either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAW BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD OIL!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome books this week. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice books! I hope you enjoy all of them!! Check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-vlog-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh dearly departed!! I agree they really need to change the cover tho. great books!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.