Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Waterfall Wednesday Read- Along


Waterfall Wednesdays is hosted by Tina's Book Reviews, The Unread Reader, Edgy Inspirational Romance, Supernatural Snark and Irresistible Reads. It's a read-along of Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergan, each week we will reading chapters, swooning and discussing the book.
So the questions for this week have been set by Missie:

Discussion Questions for Chapters 7-11

    1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?

    It didn't really surprise me when Gabi found out the tension has been caused by the two sides fighting over a tract of land and both houses seem too proud to back down and just hand it over. Most wars are over land even nowadays.

    2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?

    Thankfully no one has EVER had to rely on my home remedies to save them. I don't even have any so it would be quite a long and painful wait for them.

    3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?

    I like the fact that Gabi is showing a little bit of her true feisty nature and it makes her more of a realistic character in my eyes. I think a modern woman would struggle to hold back at all times, some degree of her true character has to come out sooner rather than later. I have no secret sword skills (mental note to self to work on that) I did attend self defence classes when I was at University and can throw a mean punch for a short chick.

    4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?

    I liked Marcello right from the start, very yummy indeed. The fact he has an intended who is one of those polite to your face but the intended meaning is anything but nice kind of women, makes the feelings Gabi and Marcello are starting to have for one another even more interesting and exciting. I just know at this stage his intended will be dumped and our heroine will prevail. Right now I'm firmly on team Marcello.

    5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :)

    Personally, I only like to dance in the privacy of my own home (I'm that bad) however, when I am out on a night out and mayhap be a little on the drunk side I think I am the GREATEST DANCER EVER. Thankfully no actual footage exists of these nights out.

    I've never attended a formal ball however I been to a few Ceilidh's which are Scottish dances (usually held at Christmas/New Year/Weddings etc) Gaelic folk music is played and there a number of really mad fast dances which are done with a partner or in a group. Usually there are copious amounts of alcohol involved and standing on your partners toes etc. My inability to tell my left from my right (true story) means that I am hopeless but this has never stopped me participating so far.

    I cannot wait to see every one's answers this week.
    Head over to The Unread Reader to see who else is participating. 

    22 comments:

    1. Fantastic answers! I fell for Marcello instantly too and never doubted he would dump his Lady Rossi.
      He is such a good guy with a wonderful heart it is impossible not to be Team Marcello :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think we all get our dance fever on when aided by a tasty beverage. Great responses. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great answers! :-) So your Team Marcello? Awesome! I liked Marcello...until Lord Greco came into the picture OMW! Now I am TOTALLY a Team Lord Greco fan! ;-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great answers! And I'd love to attend one of your Scottish dances -- as a spectator, of course! I'm such a clutz, I'd probably break someone's toes if I tried to join in!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I only dance in the privacy of my own home too!
      I love Marcello so far, but I'm still only up chapter 12. Team Marcello! Great answers.

      ReplyDelete
    6. oooo-you've get punch you out skills!! Thats awesome!!

      And Im totally Team Marcello...

      and Team Luca......


      AND OMGOSH Team Greco....lol

      **Team Forelli**

      ReplyDelete
    7. I totally agree that Gabi's feisty nature is coming out more. I love that about her.

      As for dancing when there is alcohol involved everyone is an amazing dancer!

      ReplyDelete
    8. hehe, I'm so glad I'm not the only person who forgets which is my left and which is my right ;o)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Yeah team Marcello! I know Gabi does not like Luca in that way but I'm starting to like him and he is not taken! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    10. How could one not like Marcello from the start? he's nothing but gallant! *swoon*

      ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

      ReplyDelete
    11. Marcello is YUMMY! And he has all of his teeth which is a plus huh?!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Ha! Lesley! I wish I could say I could throw a mean punch for a short chick. On the other hand, I'm pretty good and ducking. LOL

      I'm so in love with Marcello. His is a great team to be on.

      And really is there anything better in this world that drunk dancing? Good times. :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Defense classes should be required ciriculum for all college woman. Too many weirdos out their to not be trained to defend yourself.

      I'm with you Marcello is swoon-worthy for certain. I just feel bad he's already spoken for. I respect his ability to restrain from acting on his strong impulse feelings he's having towards Gabby.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hopefully Marcello dumps his intended, because there's nothing more annoying than a guy who takes forever decide between two different women. The longer he takes, the more drama there shall be...

      Great answers :D

      ReplyDelete
    15. We have something in common...we only dance in public under the influence of alcohol :)

      ReplyDelete
    16. hehe I am the best dancer ever when I am in public under the influence of "dancing juice"

      ReplyDelete
    17. Awesome answers! I loved your mental note to build your sword-wielding skills. :-) And I'd adore going to a Ceilidh! We named our first dog Kaley, purely because we loved the whole idea of a Scottish party. Thanks so much for taking part this week in WW!

      ReplyDelete
    18. I'm definitely Team Marcello at the moment, but I've been hearing wonderful things about Lord Greco from Missie and, frankly, I'm just biding my time until he comes on the scene.
      Also, I'm not a big fan of Marcello's curly long hair. That picture makes me want to cut his hair in his sleep. Then I'd wake him up. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    19. I'm so irritated at myself for forgetting all about this!!!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Im totally on the team Marcello train :) I agree, i love that her fiesty side is showing. At some point people have to be true to themselves and their true selfs come out. She is so much cooler then his intended.

      ReplyDelete
    21. It was instant love for me with Marcello too. He is such a great guy with a gorgeous soul. Fantastic answers :)

      ReplyDelete
    22. I'm all for Marcello too! Kick Lady Rossi out on her butt!

      Everyone is commenting on my herbal remedies so I'll say that I have read a few herbal remedy books. Maybe some of it stuck with me.

      Great answers. I would truly love to see some of those nights when you think you are the GREATEST DANCER EVER! I don't drink so I could be your designated driver and photographer!! I promise to catch you at your best!

      Heather

      ReplyDelete

    I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.