This is the last week of the Waterfall Wednesday read-along *sobs* this has been the first read-along I have ever participated in and I have loved joining in every week. Not only have a thoroughly enjoyed reading Waterfall but I have also found quite a few fabulous blogs along the way, we have collectively swooned over Marcello (Team Marcello!), been horrified over the lack of clean toilet facilities and showers in Medieval times (who knew??), drooled over gorgeous ball gowns and worried about kicking ass in our slippers. It has been a blast.
So for this final week the questions have been set by the one of my fav bloggers and Aussie YA guru Nic @ Irresistible Reads I hope you are feeling better Nic:)
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
No. A resounding wholehearted No. I've not impressed with medieval home remedies and wacky health care suggestions so if I was Gabi I would give the tonic a miss.
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
It was a real risk he didn't seem to be the type who believes it's the taking part that matters, dented male pride is never pretty and it would have been probably even more humiliating in medieval times if some young girl was more talented with the old bow and arrow.
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
It's probably not the easiest thing for Marcello to believe but he must have had his suspicions that Gabi was not entirely normal. If I was Marcello I probably wouldn't have believed Gabi I would be requesting some form of documented proof, goodness knows what that would be, but I would have demanded it regardless.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
I deliberately haven't read the second book (I will once we are all finished reading-alonging (?) made up word alert!) but the romantic in me hopes this isn't the end and that she goes back to him. How often will she get a chance to fall in love with someone as ultra swoon worthy as Marcello? I would go back but I would take a few suitcases of necessities with me like deodorants, medicines, shower gels and shampoo, leave in conditioner, shoes, jeans, Ipod, crisps etc.
5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?
The kiss of course. Anything with Marcello in it really (final Marcello *le swoon*)
Head over to Irresistible Reads to see who else is participating in the final read-along.