Saturday, 22 October 2011

In my mailbox #28


In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.

I didn't really buy/swop or receive very many books this week as I'm making a conscious effort to try and read some of the books that have been sitting on my TBR shelf for ages and NOT buy anything new. Surprisingly I managed to stay away from Amazon and The Book Depository for most of the week, which for a book buying fiend like myself is actually a minor miracle. So I only bought one book and got a loan of one other how good is that? I was very pleased with my own magnificent will power.

On kindle I bought

Angels of Darkness by Ilona Andrews/Nalini Singh/Meljean Brook
(I couldn't help myself I love all 3 of these authors
 it would be a CRIME AGAINST BOOKS if I hadn't bought it.)

On loan
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
 From a kind pal on UK Swop Shop on Goodreads.

That's it. Honestly it is.

Now I'm going to live vicariously through everyone else's IMM posts, probably cry a bit and then write an enormous "I want to buy this" list in time for next week. No I will not, I will remain strong and be only mildly green with envy (in a supportive way of course) of every one's new books.

Have a great Sunday everyone.




16 comments:

  1. I try to do that and no luck as there are always signings, Comic Cons, readings, Books of Wonder. Will be amazed if I get to a bookstore next week. Awesome haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But those are two fantastic books!! :)

    I've been trying to cut down on book spending too at the moment, to both save for xmas and to make a dent in the TBR pile threatening to topple over if I add any more books to it.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you-you've done well!! I'm trying to do the same thing, plus, like Jules, need to same for christmas!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy both of your books this week, and don't worry i got less then you =) Anyways i haven't read any of Ally Carter's books but i plan to! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, you are doing amazing job, so keep going! :) and these two are really good books to read. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have one in the mail from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh i like nalili Singh so that book looks quite interesting.
    I've also got uncommon criminals on my wishlist.
    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Lesley....don't be sad...think of all them books you can read that you've wanted to read for ages! Lol Enjoy! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with cutting back - I'm going to try and do that in November but it just means I'm going on a book buying splurge this month! I do need to try and cut down on my TBR pile - I have run out of places to put them now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uncommon Criminals sounds really fun!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're doing an awesome job w/your resolve to not buy books. I need to do the same. Uncommon Criminals looks really good. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's mine if you'd like to look: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-11-vlog.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set! I can't wait to read Uncommon Criminals. I tend to get green with envy over IMM too :-)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard really great things about Ally Carter's books!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get jealous every week look at everyone's IMMs. I have to hold back from darting off to the book depo and ordering everything.

    My IMM--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-15-vlog-7-fall-book.html

    ~Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean! I've had to stop getting so many books because I don't have room for them and I can't finish them on time. It sucks not getting many books. I should cut down more though...

    Anyway, I love anything by Ally Carter and I hope you like it too! Have fun reading and reviewing!

    -P.E.
    Tantalizing Illusions 

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm right there with you... Trying not to request/buy/borrow anything new at the moment, I have too many books to read as it is! :) I love Ally Carter!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.