Sunday, 30 October 2011

In my mailbox #29 and October RAK roundup

In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

I bought

Amplified by Tara Kelly
(I just finished it like 5 minutes ago it's brilliant)
Jumping off Swings by Jo Knowles
(I think I will start this in 5 minutes!)

For review
Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs
Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer
(I'm really looking forward to Arcadia Awakens it sounds pretty good)

I'm still trying not to buy lots of new books and concentrate on reading what is already on my shelf. It worked out pretty well this week as I managed to read 4 books that had been on my shelf for a while so I've got tonnes of reviews to now catch up on.

 I sent out a few RAK's in October
A Long Long Sleep to Misty @ Bookaholics cos she's lovely
Touch of Frost and If I Stay to Carina @ Fictional Distraction cos she's lovely too

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Drink Slay Love for C.J Duggan cos she's the funniest most awesome Australian I know and her blog makes me laugh out loud and she loves Fleetwood Mac just like me and quotes Karate Kid perfectly. (phew, loads of reasons there)

I received
From the lovely Misty @ Bookaholics
I've had this on my wish list for ages so I was beyond excited to finally get my hands on it. Thanks again Misty you are awesome.
Have a great week everyone.

20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much again for Touch of Frost and If I Stay. I hope I'll get to them soon since they sound sooo amazing. ♥

    You received some amazing books this week. :) I think I might buy the original version of Arcadia Awakens soon (German) - it sounds really good! :)

    Enjoy these and have a lovely week,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM this week :D And you are awesome for having RAK's. <3
    Love, Carina
    www.carinabooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome IMM, Lesley! I keep hearing great things about Amplified :) Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amplified sounds really cool and original I look forward to reading it as well. Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great book week. I loved Mara Dyer and Drink Slay Love was really different. Enjoy your books.
    In My Mailbox at FABR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I actually wonder how many people participate in RAK.. I signed up for it but it just seems so overwhelming with all the list and lists of people on that sheet..

    Michele | My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should be getting Arcadia Awakens as well! :) Prefer the slightly older YA and I adore shapeshifters. Can't wait.
    Once Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some awesome books. Hope you enjoy these books. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohhh so many awesome books! Hope you enjoy!

    I so need to RAK you again soon. I will do promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping to start Forgive My Fins this week so I'm happy to find out that the sequel will be out soon!
    Very generous RAK this month! You are great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I havent heard of Amplified or Jumping off Swings, i will have to check them out.
    I have a copy of Fins are Forever myself as well as the previous book in the series.

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM, I love Rachel Caine so I am hoping I like Working Stiff.

    Great R.A.K, you sent out some great books, I loved If I Stay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, nice books! I am excited to read Amplified. I look forward to your reviews! Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved If I Stay and Drink Slay Love!!! I hope you do too! And Jumping off Swings looks good. Looking forward to your thoughts it because I hadn't heard of it before, but want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man, I want to read Amplified so bad. I'm glad to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOO! Amplified! I hope you enjoy this one, cant wait to read your review!
    and of course I hope you enjoy the others too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amplified? Sounds good. Can't wait to read your review later. Liar is a good book. I have it in my stack of books on my desk. Hope you also enjoy it.

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh Lesley-san! You make me smile :) Which I conveyed in a more squeely fan girl way in an email to you.

    Thanks so much for my R.A.K's. *hand to heart* Beautiful hard backs too...My post man sends his regards. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you enjoy everything!! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great books as always Lesley! =)
    You sent out so many RAKs!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.