Saturday, 29 October 2011

On my wishlist

On my wishlist is hosted by Book Chick City


Is anyone else addicted to those Goodreads "Can't wait to read in 2012" lists? I seriously am, which means my own personal "I want to buy in 2012" list keeps getting bigger and bigger. I noticed two books yesterday that really caught my eye. (titles are linked to Goodreads)


Shadow Bound
Unbound # 2
Rachel Vincent
Mira
Publication date: 1st June 2012

If you live in the dark long enough, you begin to forget the light…

KORI DANIELS is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she’s ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if that means taking it from someone else…

The job? Recruit Ian Holt—or kill him.

Ian’s ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from every syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he’s on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower’s top Binder: Kori’s little sister.

Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they’ll have to choose between love and liberty….

I loved Blood Bound so when I saw Rachel Vincent's cover reveal on Facebook I headed straight to Goodreads to add it to my "I want to buy list" and I like the little purple bit on the cover too.


Angel's Flight
Nalini Singh
Berkley Sensation
Publication date: 28th Feb 2012

In Angel’s Wolf a vampire becomes fascinated with the seductive angel who rules Louisiana. But all is not what it appears to be in her court.

In Angels’ Judgment a hunter must track one of her own gone bad, while surviving the deadly tests placed in her way by the archangels themselves. Unexpected backup comes from a stranger who might just be the most lethal threat of all...

Plus FIRST TIME IN PRINT

In Angels' Pawn a vampire hunter faces off against two rival factions and the angel manipulating them both, and a vampire whose help is not entirely selfless...

And NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED

In Angels’ Dance an angel trapped in the mountain stronghold of the Refuge finds herself under siege by a warrior angel from a martial court.

When I first saw this I got a bit confused, is it new stuff or not??? I think it is but I might wait for some reviews to come in from bloggers who's opinions I trust before committing to buying it. I do think the cover is pretty gorgeous though, love the purple wings and dress. Nalini's Guild Hunter covers are always way better than her psy/changeling series although I actually love reading (and re-reading) the psy/changeling series more.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderfully purple covers this week! I still need to start that Rachel Vincent series! Perhaps when a couple of books in the series are out and I don't have to wait between them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this reminds me that I really need to pick up a copy of Blood Bound and one of Nalini Singh's books. They sound really great! :)

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachel Vincent's books. She's my fave author. So I can't wait for Shadow Bound either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a slow week of reading. I'm wishing for a picture book again. Please come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have the Guild books but need to get on reading them. I also want the Unbound series. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wishlist!! I just love Nalini Singh!!! Although I haven't read her Guild series, I definitely should start reading them soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've pretty much spent all week reading Rachel Vincent, but her Soul Screamers series, not this one. I'm really enjoying them though, so I'll definitely be expanding out into her other series when I've finished.

    I love the cover of Shadow Bound though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second was does seem pretty confusing about what it is, exactly.

    Shadow Bound sounds so good I added Blood Bound to my TBR list on Goodreads!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.