Wednesday, 9 November 2011

My book boyfriend # 25


My book boyfriend is hosted by the amazing Missie @ The Unread Reader


Despite knowing absolutely zilch about American football, they wear those big shoulder pads right? I really enjoyed Catching Jordon mostly due to the very athletic and very sweet Henry who is the main character Jordon's BFF.

Jordon is the team captain and star quarterback until Ty arrives on the scene. He's also an amazing quarterback and is totally gorgeous to boot, suddenly Jordon can't concentrate on anything but Ty, poor Henry is watching from the sidelines and unknown to Jordon he has been in love with her for years...


"I yank the covers back and crawl in, and Henry lies down next to me, reeking of shea butter. "Ugh. You smell," I say. "Turn around. We have to sleep head-to-toe. Mom's orders."
"We can't tonight. I heard a rumour that you have athlete's foot, and I can't risk getting it in my nose."
Laughing I hit him with a pillow. "If you don't behave, you'll have to sleep in Mike's room"
"No" Henry blurts. He quickly scoots around and moves to the other end of the bed...

My alarm clock wakes me up at 9.00am. I move to turn it off, and realise that Henry's arm is draped across my stomach. How did he get turned around in my bed?
"Henry, getoffame," I mutter, pushing him away so I can hit the snooze button. Then I roll back over onto my pillow, and he moves back in closer and drapes an arm across me again. He nuzzles up against my neck. I'm starting to get more and more worried about him.


He closes his eyes. "You know what I regret more than anything?"...
"no"
"Not kissing you in my room that day." He drags a hand across my my head and rests it on my back.
I smile and try not to cry again. "Yeah, you were pretty stupid, man."
"I know I could never deserve you, but can I try to make it up to you?"
I smirk. "How?"
"A lifetime supply of cookies and lemonade"
"That's pretty tempting..." I clutch his side as he continues to rub my back. His hand drifts up, and he sweeps my hair away, letting his fingers trickle along the nape of my neck.
"But?" he says
"I want something else more than that..."
We kiss.
Finally.

Thanks to the very lovely Tom Brady (the only American footballer I am actually aware of) for being Henry. Catching Jordon is a really fun read and is on netgalley right now. I really enjoyed it you can check out my review here.

15 comments:

  1. Oooh he sounds amazing. Adding to TBR list! Lovely model by the way lol.

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really cute! I hadn't heard of it before but I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't heard of this one. sounds cute.

    Here's PiF's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawwwww! I love that sleeping scene. So cute. Like sleeping head to toe would keep him away. LOL

    I definitely want to read this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. Plus who can resist a cute quarterback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book, but I am definitely checking it out. I am a huge football fan so it right up my alley. Plus Henry sounds super cute and I love looking at pictures of the gorgeous Tom Brady. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why...maybe it's something inherantly American in me...but I LOVE football players... Henry sounds fantastic :) Adding him to my TBR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate technology! - It is the third time I try to write you a message here since this morning (or what is for me morning) and something happens and I lose it :))
    Yep, it's all my fault, I am not blaming anyone else.

    Now I feel like repeating a poem in kinder-garden :))

    Here it goes: [the third time]

    I can't wait to read this book, as I have it on my ipad, and I love the quote about cookies or lemonades - I won't try to copy it again, because I am afraid that I will lose this comment (as well).
    I like friendship turned into love, and from the reviews it seems that this is the case ;)

    now.. please, please, make this comment go through because I can't repeat this all over again, LOL

    Have a great day/evening,
    Ari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww I'm so glad you were finally able to leave your comment Ari and yes it's all about friendship turning into love which I like too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a cute book. I would love to read it. And Tom Brady. RAWR! The Pats are one of my fave teams so I love that one in uniform. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this sounds cute ~ and I LOVE the visual (can't wait to read this book myself :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawww so cute! Love the scenes too. I always route for the best friend while reading this books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I soo want to read this book! Now when I do, I'll be picturing Tom as the lead male character :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this one. I'll have to check it out!

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these scenes too! I also love the "Jerry Rice" Home Ec project scenes. Thanks for the great visuals to along with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.