Wednesday, 23 November 2011

My book boyfriend # 27


My book boyfriend is hosted by the amazing Missie @ The Unread Reader

My book boyfriend this week is the lovely Nathan from Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson.

Reasons why I fell a little bit in love with Nathan:
- He's a Maths major (I don't "do" maths myself so I'm always in awe of other who can).
- He plays the guitar with no shirt on (always a winner in my book)
- He is the nice guy room mate of Andrew the god awful boyfriend of the main character Leigh.
- He drives from California to Arizona to help Leigh out at Thanksgiving. (Now I'm not any good at geography either but isn't that a long way?)












"It wasn't just Nathan's timing that took me aback. He had answered the door wearing only a pair of low-slung jeans, his chest bare except for the acoustic guitar strapped across it. I'm loyal to Andrew but let me tell you Nathan has a nice chest."









"Nathan's Summer Mix," I read sliding it out of it's pocket.
"It's not summer, but this should be good"
"Hey no-" Nathan said, reaching for the CD, but it was already in the player. His hand dropped away even as the first foot-stomping, hand clapping beat of Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" filled the car.
"What-" I started to ask, but then I just cracked up laughing.
"Hollaback Girl? Really?"
If Nathan had looked a little uncomfertable before, now he looked downright embarrassed.
"My sister made it for me okay?" he said.
"Whatever you say," I said, holding up my hands in a mock gesture of surrender. 




"I'm in love with you..."
Finally he smiled.
"You have no idea," he said "how much I've thought about you saying that."
And then he did what I hadn't had the nerve to do. He pushed his hands in my hair, and kissed me. 



Isn't actor Matt Lanter super cute in his little woolly hat? Mmmmm, I think I will take him to go please!

13 comments:

  1. Oh Lesley. I'm impressed. So very impressed. He's sounds amazing and I want him lol. I'm going to add this to my TBR list. I do love a bare chest and the description of a him playing a guitar too was immense. AND that last quote? Wow...yeah...I want him lol.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've heart so many great things about Nathan, it's really nice to finally 'meet' him (and to read some of his lines).
    I really have to read this book, and the guy of your choice (Matt) is good-looking too ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Book Boyfriend posts with such pretty boys. They always make the day start good! :D
    And now I want to read Psych Major Syndrome. :D

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwweee! He sounds uber adorable! That last quote is amazing! I haven't heard of this book but I'm definitely going to have to add him to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Matt Lanter. I think he would have made a great Edward, but I'll take him as Nathan too! Any guy who plays guitar instantly wins me over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet - can have one as well? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this book, but I am definitely intrigued! I love musicians especially ones that have a tendency to forget their shirts...yummy! And Matt Lanter is a super cutie.

    Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-book-boyfriend-14-reyes.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh. me likey. me want to read. :D (please excuse the bad grammar, i was, um, distracted)

    Here's Pif's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have not read this book, but that guy is GORGEOUS! OMG! Will definitely add this book to my ever growing TBR list :) great post!

    Diana @The Lovely Getaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh...He sounds absolutely fabulous! I would have loved a hot, shirtless, guitar playing guy to anwser any door for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie! LOVE those quotes too. So swoon-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at "- He plays the guitar with no shirt on (always a winner in my book)"
    Winner is the right word. And Matt Lanter in a beanie?! Swooooon. I love guys in beanies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh nathan is so MINE. i crazily love him, hey.

    and those pics? BRILLIANT <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.